What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 cases

ali.yusuf7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the good old smart cover..and the so-called cheap silicon covers...and I can't usE both of them on the same time..,so the silicon one is eating dusT in the corner... :-(

TMWeddle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
rustymailbox.blogspot.com
ali.yusuf7 said:
I bought the good old smart cover..and the so-called cheap silicon covers...and I can't usE both of them on the same time..,so the silicon one is eating dusT in the corner... :-(

I have smart cover on top and silicon cover on bottom, everythimg works fine, no problem.

Sent from my iPad using 

ali.yusuf7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TMWeddle said:
I have smart cover on top and silicon cover on bottom, everythimg works fine, no problem.

Umm....does the magnet on the side work fine...in my case the power of magnet isnt enough to hold the cover in place in the side... Maybe a different brand or something...

TMWeddle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
rustymailbox.blogspot.com
ali.yusuf7 said:
Umm....does the magnet on the side work fine...in my case the power of magnet isnt enough to hold the cover in place in the side... Maybe a different brand or something...

Yes, the magnet works fine.

appleipadgeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently I found a new brand named ODOYO which is quite nice design in lightweight! And the most importantly is at a affordable price as well!

Moderation Notice: No external Link!

Last edited by a moderator:

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Techy said:
I'd prefer it naked but I don't want to take risk of any scratch or dropping :) I use a leather one. I can'T give the link bc Im a new user but you can google 'mapicases' and then click the iPad category. There are many options as bags and cases. Mine is a case but I want a bag type too. I also use iPhone covers of the same brand too. For me it's useful especially at business dinners.

I tried to go without a cover for the back of the iPad for a while but I'm glad I got one because it ended up getting a large scratch and I don't remember how it happened.

I use my iPad for roughly 16 hours a day and dropping it was, I guess, just a matter of time. No damage was done because it is fully encased, and it was in a bag that slipped to the floor with a small thud as opposed to dropping with a crash to the floor.

The bag was faulty and I was distracted. I can hardly wait for the more appropriate one I ordered to arrive.

In the meantime, I'm still trying to decide on a new case as well.

ziffos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yoobao cases always have been stunning and this iPad 2 Executive Leather Case is no exception - it is superb on my iPad 2 (I have the black one).

Last edited:

Lanie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanx for posting the link to the Waterfield IPad bag. I purchased this bag, and it's stunning. I have a smart cover and a Speck back cover on my IPad and it fits in this bag perfectly. I travel a lot, and will find out in a week or so if TSA makes me take it out of the bag or if they let it go through. Over all, I highly recommend this bag. Top quality.

2trails

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased the Waterfield Ultimate sleeve case w/pouch, and I love it! I use the pouch to carry my digital camera w/long lens when I am shooting in the field. The case is tough, and easy to carry - vertical. Execellent quality!

LDBecker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wanted to put a positive note out there for Marware's customer service. I dropped my iPad2 and it landed on the front corner clasp of the CEO Hybrid's front cover, breaking the clasp so the front cover wouldn't close. HOWEVER, the case did its job and protected the iPad2 - no damage at all. I thought I remembered that Marware had a lifetime warranty on their cases... Hey! Maybe I'll luck out! Well, I didn't read the fine print - which says that the warranty doesn't cover abuse and damage due to careless, dufus owners (my language) who drop their iPad2... So, I kind of wrote it off to lesson learned and was glad the case gave its all to save my iPad.
A day later I got an email back from Marware offering to replace the case! I wrote back and told them not to bother because it was my fault and I noticed that their warranty didn't cover this kind of abuse - but thanks anyway... I don't like taking over advantage of generous companies. It was my fault, lesson learned, on with my day. Well, I had a hard time with this - because Marware INSISTED on replacing my case, even though it was my fault and clearly excluded by their warranty... We went back and forth for a week on this and they finally wore me down... The replacement case (and a set of screen protectors - thanks!) came today. Great customer service, above and beyond the call! And I really like the case - smart feature, secure, and I CAN VOUCH that it protects the iPad!!!

Larry

Last edited:

FreakyStyleyy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like to travel as lightweight as possible, but I also type A LOT of emails throughout the day so I end up having to bring along a separate keyboard. Is there any thing lightweight that has a keyboard solution built into the case? I started looking after seeing Touchfire on Kickstarter but I don't know if I want to wait till they ship, is there anything else that's already out or should I hold out till this TouchFire case comes out and see if that helps?

ziggs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like to travel as lightweight as possible, but I also type A LOT of emails throughout the day so I end up having to bring along a separate keyboard. Is there any thing lightweight that has a keyboard solution built into the case? I started looking after seeing Touchfire on Kickstarter but I don't know if I want to wait till they ship, is there anything else that's already out or should I hold out till this TouchFire case comes out and see if that helps?

I haven't searched this thread entirely, but what about the ZaggFolio? It has a keyboard, is lightweight, and the case completely covers the iPad. Both the keyboard and iPad can be removed from the case as desired, and the case also becomes a stand. Anyone?

Most reactions