What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 cases

RW2112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also have the Cygnett Lavish Earth case, just purchased mine at Sam's Club for $29.98. So far I am loving it, works great in landscape mode, three angles and iPad does not slip when I type on it at all.

acemenace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the high tech looking one with the chrome swivel and although it is VERY nice eye candy.....
Feels like a hassle to use while at home... Always have to spin it about and flip and so forth. :eek:

I'll be going back to the simple Apple notbook looking case. The only thing I do not like about the expensive apple case is the whole assembly of the thing is kept together with glue and the area near volume control is already falling apart and is not older than 3 months. ;)

aaronhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Smart Cap looks sweet, but I am not sure its as protective as I would need. I just got a brown leather case from yourtabletcase.com and really like the color. Seems similar to the black Snugg case I have seen around. Both leather and have built in stands for 2 angles. For $20 it was a good buy, we'll see how it handles over the long haul :)

warecornell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Gorillamobile Ori for iPad 2 is an amazing case. When I go into the Apple Store with it I am usually surrounded by employees and managers who want to see it work.

Ware Cornell

Sent on the go from my  iPad2

UtahWin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just received a Saddleback case for my Ipad 2. I carry a small wallet from them and after reading good reviews decided to get this case. Only one word comes to mind, overbuilt. The case adds weight and thickness to the Ipad but that's OK by me. The fit is tight and I think I'll wait a bit to try to remove it. I got the Tobacco Brown, a color that will most surely show the most dirt!

With the cover folded back and straps inserted it sits fine on my desk. I won't be typing on it too much, so this will work for me.

Win

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
warecornell said:
The Gorillamobile Ori for iPad 2 is an amazing case. When I go into the Apple Store with it I am usually surrounded by employees and managers who want to see it work.

Ware Cornell

What an interesting case! Thank you for sharing!

I've been looking for a more colorful case that is also functional but after viewing the video demonstration of the Ori, which is an elegant looking case, I'm going to give it some serious thought. It has the diverse types of features I've been looking for and it seems to be quite durable, a feature that is a definite priority.

Does it appear to be scratch resistant?

warecornell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Asharp said:
What an interesting case! Thank you for sharing!

I've been looking for a more colorful case that is also functional but after viewing the video demonstration of the Ori, which is an elegant looking case, I'm going to give it some serious thought. It has the diverse types of features I've been looking for and it seems to be quite durable, a feature that is a definite priority.

Does it appear to be scratch resistant?

It is scratch resistant. And since it covers the bottom of the iPad 2, it offers better protection than Apple's smart cover.

G Ware Cornell Jr
Deleted by moderator, please read our rules, advertising your business here is not allowed - EDITED BY - Gabriel1

Last edited by a moderator:

Moemoney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amazon has a great assortment of cases at reasonable price. Personally I like the yoobao style case. There is case called acase which is similiar to the yoobao. Elsee is also a nice cheap alternative. I currently own that case. But I'm sending it back for the a case, due to the cut out alignment. All these case arcs very slim and offer complete protection.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm now leaning back towards cases made of more organic matetrial like the wooden cases made by Substrata, Blackbox and Grove. I wish they weren't so pricey.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I just ordered the CaseCrown bold for my iPad 2. You can and will go mad trying to read every review and figure out whats what as far as cases go. I think they call it paralysis by analysis. Ive watched a few video reviews of this case on youtube and its been pretty much all good news. I like that it has the magenetic on/off feature and it actually works correctly. Seems like a good balance between protection/style/non-bulkiness. I realize that my iPad2 wasnt cheap but I cant justify spending $100 bucks or whatever on some high-end, fancy-shmancy case. Common sense and being careful/gentle with your iPad will go a long was in keeping it healthy and working well, IMO.

Ill post back when I get it and let ya'll know how it goes :)

Last edited:

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
s2mikey said:
Well, I just ordered the CaseCrown bold for my iPad 2. You can and will go mad trying to read every review and figure out whats what as far as cases go. I think they call it paralysis by analysis. Ive watched a few video reviews of this case on youtube and its been pretty much all good news. I like that it has the magenetic on/off feature and it actually works correctly. Seems like a good balance between protection/style/non-bulkiness. I realize that my iPad2 wasnt cheap but I cant justify spending $100 bucks or whatever on some high-end, fancy-shmancy case. Common sense and being careful/gentle with your iPad will go a long was in keeping it healthy and working well, IMO.

Ill post back when I get it and let ya'll know how it goes :)

Nice looking case.

I am quite comfortable in my paralysis. My current case dissatisfaction is due to my lack of research in the first place, and dreaming about some of the case alternatives and the hunt itself are half the fun for me.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nice looking case.

I am quite comfortable in my paralysis. My current case dissatisfaction is due to my lack of research in the first place, and dreaming about some of the case alternatives and the hunt itself are half the fun for me.

It is fun shopping for stuff - when you make the kill, its like "OK, now what?" :D

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My new case

img4115w.jpg
img4116w.jpg
img4121a.jpg
img4119j.jpg

Attachments

• img4123w.jpg
    img4123w.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 229

liuzehao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My choice is a cheap silicone cover, is easy to use, but also not so heavy leather

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just an update - I got my Crowncase Bold yesterday and I really like it. Its light, pretty sturdy, and has lots of good options like the magnetic cover and the various ways to stand the iPad at an angle on a tabeltop for easy reading or typing. Its priced right too. The iPad fits nice and snug in there so there are no worries of it coming out. When closed, it lookes like you are carrying a pad of paper or some kind of business notebook. Cool.

Recommeneded! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts