What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 cases

RandyM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those interested... Best Buys was or possibly still is running a midnight madness sale. One of the items they're selling is the Griffin Technology Survivor iPad 2 case. The case is like the Otterbox defender but it has a built in screen protector. Haven't seen any videos that demonstrate it's ruggedness. The case sells normally for $79.99 but Best Buys is selling it for $55.00 plus tax and $2.99 shipping. I didn't see when the sale ends but it started at midnight on 07/20/2011

Randy

revolver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IMO, Smart Libretto is a good alternative to smart cover. It provides much better protection and has a genuine, top quality leather.
Don't you find OtterBox too bulky for ipad?

RandyM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
revolver said:
IMO, Smart Libretto is a good alternative to smart cover. It provides much better protection and has a genuine, top quality leather.

The Otterbox case is bulky but I bought the case to protect my iPad from accidents. I found that holding the iPad in the Otterbox case to be more comfortable than the bare iPad.
I haven't looked up the cover you are speaking of but doesn't a smart cover just protect the screen? I was concerned about protecting the entire device not just the screen

Randy

RandyM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
revolver said:

I looked up the case you spoke of and like it a lot. I don't think it offers the security that the otter box offers but it does look more like a professional type case. I'm searching around to see if any of the stores local to me carry them so I can see it in person. I may get one as an alternate to use.

D Roc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone else bought s saddleback leather case. Seems like everyone keeps talking about the same few cases.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iPF.

ipaddyflint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I only recently bought an [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/High-Quality-Protective-Integrated-Detachable-Bluetooth/dp/B00577DHQA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1313760027&sr=1-1"]ipad case with a detachable keyboard[/ame] on Amazon. I'd say this is my favourite ipad accessory. :D Whenever you don't want to carry around the keyboard you can just leave it at home. The iPad2 fits in great, it's look good and feels good. For me this normal case will do. I don't need anything more fancy.

ZibaWal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ipaddyflint said:
I only recently bought an Video Link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/High-Quality-Protective-Integrated-Detachable-Bluetooth/dp/B00577DHQA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1313760027&sr=1-1 on Amazon. I'd say this is my favourite ipad accessory. :D Whenever you don't want to carry around the keyboard you can just leave it at home. The iPad2 fits in great, it's look good and feels good. For me this normal case will do. I don't need anything more fancy.

Is it on amazon us too

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read the first 11 pages of this thread, and I'm still really picky and unsure about what to buy for my iPad when I get it next week. I have an oversized case that zips closed that I used to carry my netbook around in, so that will work for protecting it when it's inside my bag or I'm transporting it (temporarily). What I was mainly looking for is something that protects the screen when it's sitting on my desk, table, etc.

I like the Smart Covers because of the cute colors and because it does just that - protect the screen. But people's comments about the streaks concern me. I will clean my screen after each use (most likely) with a micro fiber cloth, but there's still a chance I get those streaks, isn't there? Just seems weird Apple would make a product that would do this! Boo.

I do like these two also: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Targus-Rotating-Generation-THZ045US-Interior/dp/B004N62HZI"]Targus 360[/ame] and the SwitchEasy Canvas ([ame]http://www.switcheasy.com/products/CANVAS_iPad2/#[/ame]), leaning more toward the Canvas. But it's quite expensive and the shipping would take forever to get here (and I need it immediately - I get my iPad next week).

I guess I'd appreciate a few more opinions on the Smart Cover, and the other two, so I can hopefully make up my mind!

At this point I'd get the Smart Cover if I DIDN'T know about the streaking problem.

D Roc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GoPackGo said:
At this point I'd get the Smart Cover if I DIDN'T know about the streaking problem.

the streaking thing is nothing major. I bought a smart cover when I first got my iPad but I just didn't care for it. Case was alright around the office or in my office, but nit for transport. Dont let the dirty streaked screen turn u off from the case. Just wipe it off with your hand or shirt.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the streaking thing is nothing major. I bought a smart cover when I first got my iPad but I just didn't care for it. Case was alright around the office or in my office, but nit for transport. Dont let the dirty streaked screen turn u off from the case. Just wipe it off with your hand or shirt.

So if I wiped it with a Microfiber cloth on a regular basis, the streaks aren't permanent? Like I said, I do have a temporary/uncool case I can transport the iPad in safely, I just wanted a screen protector, but not one that leaves residue. :(

D Roc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used my smart cover for a month and just kept wiping it off. Some of these other people who use it all the time may have seen an issue but I doubt it. Just keep it clean.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used my smart cover for a month and just kept wiping it off. Some of these other people who use it all the time may have seen an issue but I doubt it. Just keep it clean.

Did you wipe the cover occasionally, or just the screen? Thanks a lot - I'll probably go for a Smart Cover because I really do love them.

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The streaks are just where the cover doesn't touch the screen due to the fold areas. I get the same thing with my targus 360 case as it has 3 seams and the dust doesn't get wiped away. Not an issue at all, it's just dust which wipes away with a brush of your fingers :)

I am getting a black leather smart cover as a birthday gift next week and am really looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
D Roc said:
Has anyone else bought s saddleback leather case. Seems like everyone keeps talking about the same few cases.

I have a bunch of Saddleback Leather items, and they make just about the best leather products on the face of the planet - but I don't like the design of their iPad cases. The leather case which I do have, though, is from Oberon Design.

Most reactions

Latest posts