Ipad 2 cases

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Mklooster, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Ivo

Ivo
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I finally got Duragadget Rotating Case. I hoped it will not be so bad as I read in some reviews. Unfortunately, it is. I can t believe such a crap can be ever designed and produced ... Ipad keeps falling down from most positions. The idea is good, but I really wonder, have the manufacturers ever tried to put an iPad in it ? I doubt. Without iPad it works good. But when you put it inside, it keeps unmistakably falling down in the third position in the landscape mode and in the first position in the portrait mode. It cannot hold there for a second. In the other positions it holds not very stable, but can keep for some time. Unbelievable.

The material is good, fixing ipad in the corners and leaving the edges open and free is good too. Putting it asleep is fine as well. But as a stand, it is really very bad work done. Why, I don t understand. The rotating mechanism is not very smooth either

Here I made a small video [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7SBjbKiYME[/ame]

If you come across a case that does not cover the frame and ipad is not moving inside, can hold in both vertical and horizontal position and is really good, please let me know

#251 Ivo, May 9, 2011
    Last edited: May 9, 2011
  2. Ncaissie

Ncaissie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    @Ivo
    Hope you didn't pay too much.

64GB 3G White iPad

3. blessed

blessed
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:

I purchased the "black" leather and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!! That is the main reason I'm having such difficulty finding just the right case; because I want to continue to use it. I wanted the Treegloo, or the DoDo case, but unfortunately for me they can not be used in conjunction with the Smart Case. The Treegloo does (however) offer the back part, but (again) that's NOT what I want. I'm a firm believer that I should be happy if I'm spending MY money. Anyway, the search continues...........................:confused:

4. Ivo

Ivo
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    12 gbp and7 gbp for shipping. It is definitely better than my previous Belkin folio case, pity those falling glitches

5. madhatter61

madhatter61
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    case with built-in stand

Thanks for the informative video. I can see your frustration. I have the Targus VuScape ... it is somewhat similar but do not have the pivot feature from Portrait to Landscape. Mine is Landscape only ... and only has two grooves for vertical support and it stays put nicely. Naturally if the base is not horizontal and is tipped forward, the bottom of the iPad will slip out. I I added a small magnet so it turns on/off when the cover is opened or closed... really like that. I like the corner, back and edge protection ... the cover is slightly padded and the inside material is micro cloth like lining. From all the covers I've seen I am quite happy at $40.

I have noticed that the lighter leather smart covers are getting dirty quickly in use. Frustrates owners a bit.

Check out Amazon ... they have a cover with the magetic included but does not pivot. I personally don't need or want the portrait position. I get a larger keyboard in Landscape and I have enough visual room to easily see what I am typing. I am of the mindset that if you do a lot of typing get an Apple Wireless bluetooth keyboard. I have one and it is marvelous. This way I get the whole screen view and 2/3 is not taken up by the keyboard.

FWIW

6. ZibaWal

ZibaWal
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    So which one is with magnet, not pivot?

7. Archer

Archer
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hi was was about to order a "Speck Pixelskin HD Wrap For iPad 2" just wondered if anyone has one of these to give feedback on. Does anyone know if I could add a thin magnet to the cover to switch of the Ipad as the cover does not have one.

Cheers

8. tibob

tibob
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I saw the pixel skin @ Target. It was ok, rubbery and has a lip that goes on top of the screen. You could probably put a thin strip magnet underneath the cover. The website says the cover closes via suction.

9. Macguy76

Macguy76
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I got one and didn't like it. It was too rubbery and wouldn't fit with my screen protector. Plus the cover/stand was difficult to convert. It wouldn't hold up very well

10. emmsys

emmsys
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    got my iPad2 leather case with Bluetooth keyboard!

Hi Folks,

I posted earlier that I had ordered a leather case with bluetooth keyboard a while go. It finally arrived today and so far I'm extremely impressed with it! I attached a few pictures to show what it looks like. Honestly, the fit and finish is pretty nice (there's a large hole in the back for the camera but the camera isn't aligned directly in the center of the hole. It's not blocked though.). The keyboard has a rubber cover. I thought it was made that way to protect the iPad screen but it's also to make the keyboard waterproof. The keys respond quickly with nice feedback. I won't do a drop test but there is a decent amount of cushioning around the edges so if it ever drops I'm sure the iPad will be ok. The case closes nice and "flush" and there's a magnet in the flap to keep it secure. There are no pckets for papers or pens though (makes sense since the iPad should technically replace those :D ).

I tested the keyboard in Notes, Sundry Notes and uPad. For some reason I need to close Notes completely then reload it once in a while because when it loads it acts like the "Backspace" button is stuck. This even happens when the keyboard is off. Other than that, the keyboard does exactly what it's supposed to do. I like having arrow keys again! There are also some function keys that control volume and music playing which is a nice touch as I did not expect that at all. The keyboard is basically a full QWERTY English keyboard with only 1 shift, control and alt keys, and no number pad. This keyboard should work with my PS3 as well so that's a bonus for me. It charges via USB.

I have never seen or tested any other kind of case so I don't have a reference. But for the price, ($41 US but I also had a $14 credit so it came to just over $26 for me) I think it's a nice little bargain. Now, how reliable and durable is the keyboard I really can't say. If anything pops up I will let you know.

EDIT: Sorry for the upside-down pictures. I took the pics with my iPhone4.
    emmsys

Attached Files:

#260 emmsys, May 11, 2011
    Last edited: May 11, 2011