What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 cases

Gorio B.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just received my iPad 2 64 G WIFI 3G-"black"- am in love with this slick little anodized beauty!Glad to have chosen "black" over white as the raw aluminum case appeals to my machinist heart.My Zaggmate keyboard/case is being put to use now,and is as comfortable to use as any keyboard,though smallish.Although in brushed,rather than " pickled" aluminum,the match is close enough for anyone but Jobs himself to the color and finish of iPad.What amazes me is the reaction I get-how envious people are of my "good fortune" to own one of these.My own decision to get this was based upon its AirPrint capability and its utility as a business machine.I spent the requisite bundle to get a new HP ePrint (translates to AirPrint) capable printer, but setting up my wireless network has proven to give no end of headache.Is there a better way?
Since this is the cases thread,and protection is the point, I've chosen Zaggmate as my protection of choice- Invisible Shield full coverage front and back for the iPad and full coverage for the Zaggmate.Apple stickers over or under?My case is the Targus TSM148-50- double divider in the iPad compartment- iPad plus iPad sized something else( iPad in Zaggmate fits PERFECTLY in tightest compartment!).Keep a book or something in the other,Then, there is the front, zipdown compartment with two pen holders and two pockets, one perfectly sized for a spare cellphone, the other for my iPhone in Mophie Juicepack inside Garmin wallet.As we customize and adapt our equipment to our particular needs, we stumble upon the most interesting solutions!My iPad 2 now resides comfortably beside my iPhone 4 int the house that Jack built!

'

KumiClaws

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Box wave smart skin

I have the box wave smart skin with Apple smart cover.
Both pieces work flawlessly together.
Could be happier.

The zagg screen protector came right off at the corners as soon as I put the skin on.

I need to find a new screen protector...
Any ideas

deog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
chek this out, something beats zagg keyboard at $50:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds29uiN4b-4]YouTube - IMP38B un-box[/ame]

and another 0.8mm thin, super tough back cover for smart cover

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d_E7Qs_nVU]YouTube - arcadia back cover for ipad 2 test[/ame]

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
blessed said:
I purchased the (black) leather Smart Cover and I Love, LOve, LOVe, LOVE iT!!

I originally didn't like the smart cover, but now after using my current case for a couple of months I want to get one so I can keep the weight down and the slim profile. I have a rear Bodyguardz, so that is already protected.

Now I just have to get over the price ;)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

scottrgar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do you guys think about a thin plastic case with a tripod dock in the back? I saw a kickstarter for one (website for new businesses) and I was thinking about it. I do enough video watching where a tripod would be pretty useful to keep it up, and it wouldnt have a limited vertical height like a kickstand would.

wagvville

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Has anybody tried out this holder yet? It says that it's got a 360 degree swivel, but it's funny that the YouTube video doesn't show it moving out of landscape mode.

I'm tempted to pull the trigger, but I'd sure like to know if it's a piece of crap or not. Anybody?

incapete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scottrgar said:
What do you guys think about a thin plastic case with a tripod dock in the back? I saw a kickstarter for one (website for new businesses) and I was thinking about it. I do enough video watching where a tripod would be pretty useful to keep it up, and it wouldnt have a limited vertical height like a kickstand would.

Something like the iKlip which attaches to a mic stand? Or have you seen something else?

Iamdcfierce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using the pink smartcover with the pink switcheasy coverbuddy, everywhere I go people look at it with admiration

daroga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my SwitchEasy Canvas (Black). No ipad yet, but at least this gives me a decent idea of the size of everything, something that's hard to judge in videos.

Hoping the latch is tighter when the iPad is actually in there. I think it's just that without anything in, the cover collapses easily and unhooks the hinge. Otherwise, I'm very impressed with the quality (and the speedy delivery, about 4 days after I ordered it was here in South Dakota!)

NAYo2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
daroga said:
Just got my SwitchEasy Canvas (Black). No ipad yet, but at least this gives me a decent idea of the size of everything, something that's hard to judge in videos.

Hoping the latch is tighter when the iPad is actually in there. I think it's just that without anything in, the cover collapses easily and unhooks the hinge. Otherwise, I'm very impressed with the quality (and the speedy delivery, about 4 days after I ordered it was here in South Dakota!)

Yea it does get tighter once the ipad is in.

LARQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AJsAWiz said:
Noticed that they didn't hop up and down on it after putting the iPad on it. LOL :D

These are the cases id like to see a review or opinion for

Joytrev40

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Has anybody tried out this holder yet? It says that it's got a 360 degree swivel, but it's funny that the YouTube video doesn't show it moving out of landscape mode.

I'm tempted to pull the trigger, but I'd sure like to know if it's a piece of crap or not. Anybody?

I've ordered an x-stand from Brookstone.com. There is a video on you tube on this and it looks pretty cool.

Last edited:

Most reactions