What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 cases

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ZibaWal said:
I received CEO HYBRID and was not impressed
It closes with some edges that possibly will get loose by repeated use. More so, I dont like idea to taking it in and out to create angle. I will try SPECK FOLIO and see. Hopefully that will close easy with magnets like apple?
In leather, targus seem the champ, but expensive:(

I loved my CEO at first, now I just like it. To me it's by far the most classy professional looking case around with lots of features.
Job number one in my search was to be slim and light! Why have a case where you fell like you are lugging it around!
This cut my search in half. Next was protection and the CEO delivers there with good edges/edge protection as they are covered.
Glass cover is soft on the glass on outside but hard in the middle. (hard to explain).
Good viewing angles although it does not lock tightly into the slots, it's o.k. At least For me.
The smart feature works and the rear hand strap is unique and useful if you read slot in portrait mode.

However the top snap clip does not line up perfectly and it requires you to push the corners a little to tightly close. I don't know if this is planned or an error because it allow you to quickly open and close/turn off during casual use like a meeting. This has turned out to be useful..

But the soon to be glaring fault is the clip fabric is becoming loose and my wear off as time goes by.
All the above make this a GR8 case, slim, trim, useful and a pleasure to look at, really classy. So I can overlook the glaring fault for now.

It wil be interesting to see how all these new cases hold up under daily use. Velcro, elastic straps, rubber friction cups they will all fail at some point. Fabric will stain with you skin oils, cheap fo-leather will chip & crack. All cases have some fault. So to all in the case-race I suggest you get key points that will enhance the portabilty of of this device. That's the whole point right easy to use or else you would lugg around a full size laptop.
Go with your coice for six months until all these cases have filtered out and the top cases will stand alone.

Keep posting and provide pictures, it fun.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I have been using the Targus VuScape folio case now for a couple of months ($40 plus tax) ... love it ... I added a magnet chip ... goes on/off just like Smart Cover now (this is a must for convenience) ... Cover converts into a convenient stand ... look good so far ... is very comfortable to hold in a variety of positions ... excellent protection. Check out Amazon.

romanr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I switched from the XGear Smart Cover Enhancer to the Belkin Snap Shield. I like the texture better, it has more coverage and a more secure fit and it is supper thin. It's like it's not even there. For me, you can't go wrong with the Belkin Snap Shield and the Apple Smart Cover. It let's you enjoy the iPad's ultra-slim form factor while offering good protection. The price tag for the two is $80 so that is the only draw back.

loveeater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm planning to buy a leather smart cover for my ipad2. However don't know which color is not rubbing off since Apple is mentioned on the site. Any idea?
Thanks,

bedouin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have only had my iPad for about two weeks now, but the creame colored leather smart cover is looking mighty grungy and dirty already. Probably was a bad color choice in hindsight . . .

Sw0p

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My red coloured leather smart cover is also looking dirty. Anybody an idea how to clean?

iMadHatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a joy factory smartfit2... Which i will be doing a review for once i actually get my ipad (should be here by tomorrow)

iMadHatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My red coloured leather smart cover is also looking dirty. Anybody an idea how to clean?

I read on another site that to get stains and such out try Mr. Clean Magic eraser.

I have not used on ipad cover yet but have used on everything else at work and the thing really is amazing and works well.

Sw0p

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I read on another site that to get stains and such out try Mr. Clean Magic eraser.

I have not used on ipad cover yet but have used on everything else at work and the thing really is amazing and works well.

Thanks - Mr Clean Magic eraser is not available in Europe - will search for something similar.

Ivo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finally got Duragadget Rotating Case. I hoped it will not be so bad as I read in some reviews. Unfortunately, it is. I can t believe such a crap can be ever designed and produced ... Ipad keeps falling down from most positions. The idea is good, but I really wonder, have the manufacturers ever tried to put an iPad in it ? I doubt. Without iPad it works good. But when you put it inside, it keeps unmistakably falling down in the third position in the landscape mode and in the first position in the portrait mode. It cannot hold there for a second. In the other positions it holds not very stable, but can keep for some time. Unbelievable.

The material is good, fixing ipad in the corners and leaving the edges open and free is good too. Putting it asleep is fine as well. But as a stand, it is really very bad work done. Why, I don t understand. The rotating mechanism is not very smooth either

Here I made a small video [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7SBjbKiYME[/ame]

If you come across a case that does not cover the frame and ipad is not moving inside, can hold in both vertical and horizontal position and is really good, please let me know

Last edited:

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm planning to buy a leather smart cover for my ipad2. However don't know which color is not rubbing off since Apple is mentioned on the site. Any idea?
Thanks,

I purchased the "black" leather and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!! That is the main reason I'm having such difficulty finding just the right case; because I want to continue to use it. I wanted the Treegloo, or the DoDo case, but unfortunately for me they can not be used in conjunction with the Smart Case. The Treegloo does (however) offer the back part, but (again) that's NOT what I want. I'm a firm believer that I should be happy if I'm spending MY money. Anyway, the search continues...........................:confused:

Ivo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
12 gbp and7 gbp for shipping. It is definitely better than my previous Belkin folio case, pity those falling glitches

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
case with built-in stand

I finally got Duragadget Rotating Case. I hoped it will not be so bad as I read in some reviews. Unfortunately, it is. I can t believe such a crap can be ever designed and produced ... Ipad keeps falling down from most positions. The idea is good, but I really wonder, have the manufacturers ever tried to put an iPad in it ? I doubt. Without iPad it works good. But when you put it inside, it keeps unmistakably falling down in the third position in the landscape mode and in the first position in the portrait mode. It cannot hold there for a second. In the other positions it holds not very stable, but can keep for some time. Unbelievable.

The material is good, fixing ipad in the corners and leaving the edges open and free is good too. Putting it asleep is fine as well. But as a stand, it is really very bad work done. Why, I don t understand. The rotating mechanism is not very smooth either

Here I made a small video YouTube - DURAGADGET Rotating Faux Leather Case For Apple iPad 2

If you come across a case that does not cover the frame and ipad is not moving inside, can hold in both vertical and horizontal position and is really good, please let me know

Thanks for the informative video. I can see your frustration. I have the Targus VuScape ... it is somewhat similar but do not have the pivot feature from Portrait to Landscape. Mine is Landscape only ... and only has two grooves for vertical support and it stays put nicely. Naturally if the base is not horizontal and is tipped forward, the bottom of the iPad will slip out. I I added a small magnet so it turns on/off when the cover is opened or closed... really like that. I like the corner, back and edge protection ... the cover is slightly padded and the inside material is micro cloth like lining. From all the covers I've seen I am quite happy at $40.

I have noticed that the lighter leather smart covers are getting dirty quickly in use. Frustrates owners a bit.

Check out Amazon ... they have a cover with the magetic included but does not pivot. I personally don't need or want the portrait position. I get a larger keyboard in Landscape and I have enough visual room to easily see what I am typing. I am of the mindset that if you do a lot of typing get an Apple Wireless bluetooth keyboard. I have one and it is marvelous. This way I get the whole screen view and 2/3 is not taken up by the keyboard.

FWIW

Most reactions

Latest posts