What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 cases

OP
M

Mklooster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got this case for a dollar off of eBay and I absolutely love it

Attachments

• image-3602450517.png
    image-3602450517.png
    782.3 KB · Views: 248
  • image-2696193222.png
    image-2696193222.png
    918.8 KB · Views: 206
  • image-3528406081.png
    image-3528406081.png
    792.2 KB · Views: 209
  • image-3895622267.png
    image-3895622267.png
    727.2 KB · Views: 215
OP
M

Mklooster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I love it, I was surprised how good of quality it was when it showed up

Phine00Del

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Laban said:
Guys, I'm looking for a very slim sleeve that without zippers and similar.

Ordered this one but it was out of stock:
$17.70 - Connectland Neoprene Sleeve for Apple iPad (Black) - Cases & Protectors

Thinking about this one but no one seems to have tried it yet:
COTEetCIEL iPad Tablet Diver Sleeve Moon Mist BIG SALE | eBay

Does anyone have similar suggestions? Would be highly appreciated.

I have this one and I love it, fits perfectly: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/protective-inner-case-bag-for-8-9-asus-eee-umpc-laptops-15379

Not sure if that style will work for you but for the price it's hard to beat. I just ordered a second one for my mom who just got an iPad as well and it actually shipped pretty quick considering it's DealExtreme and coming from Asia.

kaschmoney18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my Switcheasy Canvas today and love it. Doesn't add much bulk, well constructed, stands open easy and solid in landscape mode. I don't know why people think the latch is too hard to snap closed, I have no difficulty. Also, it arrived at my house extremely quickly. I ordered it Friday afternoon and received it Monday afternoon. Switcheasy sent me an email saying there was a 5 day delay on shipments but then sent me an email saying it shipped the next day. Highly recommended.... and I did a lot of research.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RandomMusing said:
I think I got the same case on ebay for about $3. I haven't gotten it yet because it's shipping from Hong Kong. I got it in purple! Hope I like it as much as you like yours.

I paid $12 :( LOL

64GB 3G White iPad

Rever3nce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this is a little off topic but where can I find some good screen protectors?! For a good price too!

Just bought a really nice targus case for my iPad today :) it rocks!!!

NAYo2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rever3nce said:
I know this is a little off topic but where can I find some good screen protectors?! For a good price too!

Just bought a really nice targus case for my iPad today :) it rocks!!!

I got yoobao ones from eBay.. Working out for me so far... It's only $9.99

Ivo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was looking for some good case for my iPad2 (upgraded from iPad1) and found that just very few are available here in Central Europe.

I was about to buy Macally Bookstand

(cannot post a link since my number of posts is less than 3 :)

I went quite far away to the shop, but found this case quite horrible. In no case it holds the position and iPad invariably falls down in 10 sec ... Can't believe that someone can produce and seriously distribute such thing ...
So I warn anyone from buying this ...

I found that no other case is available here than Belkin Folio. I tried the slim one and normal one ... None of them looked very nice ... but since I need at least something now, I took Belkin Folio Slim:

It is OK, but 1) very unpleasant material on touch 2) built quality quite poor but at least it holds the iPad in two positions and covers it when transporting

For me, the ultimate case for iPad 2 would have these characteristics:

1) light and thin
2) not covering the lines along the screen (just clips at the corners)
3) pleasant soft material nice on touch
4) if possible it would have a place where to put a small cleaning cloth
5) would be great if ipad could be positioned also vertically (not only horizontally)
6) magnetically closed and putting the device to sleep
7) available to buy (none of those looking good are available - are the manufacturers sleeping ? :))

Would you have any tips ? (available in EU)

Last edited:

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More and more cases become available and on IPF almost all have past the review. Just search and i am sure you will find. I am quite happy with the Switcheasy, but ordered today a Targus. That way I have space for the stylus as well as cleaning cloth and some other things. With just over 1lbs (half a kilo) maybe a bit heavy, but then.....

http://www.targus.com/us/productdet...cts&cp=&bannertxt=for Mac Cases & Accessories

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ivo said:
For me, the ultimate case for iPad 2 would have these characteristics:

1) light and thin
2) not covering the lines along the screen (just clips at the corners)
3) pleasant soft material nice on touch
4) if possible it would have a place where to put a small cleaning cloth
5) would be great if ipad could be positioned also vertically (not only horizontally)
6) magnetically closed and putting the device to sleep
7) available to buy (none of those looking good are available - are the manufacturers sleeping ? :))

Would you have any tips ? (available in EU)

I have a the Duragadget case below and I feel it meets your requirements:

1 (10oz), 2 , 3, 5, 6 (smart feature), 7

I got it from Amazon and it's a bargain price of £13.99

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/DURAGADGET-Rotating-Leather-Latest-Generation/dp/B004R24ASK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1303818145&sr=8-6[/ame]

Hope this helps :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

partsmutt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my Switcheasy Canvas today and love it. Doesn't add much bulk, well constructed, stands open easy and solid in landscape mode. I don't know why people think the latch is too hard to snap closed, I have no difficulty. Also, it arrived at my house extremely quickly. I ordered it Friday afternoon and received it Monday afternoon. Switcheasy sent me an email saying there was a 5 day delay on shipments but then sent me an email saying it shipped the next day. Highly recommended.... and I did a lot of research.

Me too! Ordered on Thursday, got it on Monday. Never got an email about delays though. Ordered the charcoal, though now wish I had gotten the gray. It's not really a canvas material. Much slicker than that. Like a cross between canvas and an ironing board cover LOL. Fits well. All buttons and holes are easy to get to. The cover is new and stiff and it naturally wants to lay open flat. Closes easily as long as you apply slight pressure from the opposite side. Think of pushing on the binding of a hardback book just to ease the cover over a bit. Came with a scratch screen which did not do on well for me. Air bubbles all over. I fought with it for a while, got it bubble free with the exception of one stinkin piece of dust. Then when peeling the second part off, it lifted the first part and put fresh bubbles everywhere. Aaarrrrg!

Recommended.

Ivo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got it from Amazon and it's a bargain price of £13.99

Looks nice, just the users complain that as a stand it is quite unstable. I also looked at Targus 360 iPad2 stand, that is similar, maybe better. It is very good, I just wonder why they did not add one more support line for very useful more flat standing angles ... (for writing etc.) otherwise it would be perfect ... Such a small detail ... such a pity ...

Most reactions