What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2 case

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Give the third-party case designers a bit more time to come up with something. A couple of early cases have already hit the market and some of them are quite nice - Pad and Quill's "Octavo", for example - but we will start seeing heaps of cases coming out in the next week or so.

RafRey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Give the third-party case designers a bit more time to come up with something. A couple of early cases have already hit the market and some of them are quite nice - Pad and Quill's "Octavo", for example - but we will start seeing heaps of cases coming out in the next week or so.

Yep that's what I'm going to do. In the meantime, I picked up a 1st gen Speck padded carrying case from the AT&T store for $20. All their 1st gen accessories are 1/2 price right now.

SporkLover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually went with the Smart Cover and Sleeve combo.

The Smart Cover is pretty handy (the stand features of it are much more usable than original iPad Apple case), it's light weight, and fits right into the sleeve on the iPad 2 plus other accessories.

egish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
in a few weeks it will be even better. we will be able to see them first hand.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you need something to tide you over until a bigger selection of cases are available, you can always find inexpensive "no-brand" selections off Fleabay, until you find the right cover - instead of settling for something from the limited selection now for the sake of getting something.

A good way to research is to look at existing iPad1 covers, and if you see something you like, check if the same case vendor is going to redesign it for iPad2 and how long they're going to take.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A good way to research is to look at existing iPad1 covers, and if you see something you like, check if the same case vendor is going to redesign it for iPad2 and how long they're going to take.

That's a good tip, thanks.

On a personal note, I have an awesome Treegloo case - handmade-to-order in the Moleskine-style using traditional book-binding and woodcraft methods - which I ordered for my iPad 1. I know that they're working on an iPad 2 model right now, along with a number of design improvements.

I wrote a review about this a while back -- http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-acce...o-customisable-moleskine-style-ipad-case.html - and the main selling points for me were (i) their price, (ii) capability to customize (Paris map closed the decision for me) and (iii) their customer service.

Jeeves441

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try the Toblino 2 Napa Leather iPad 2 case,
heres a review of it:------> [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFiNxdVW8FI]YouTube - Toblino 2: Napa Leather iPad 2 Case[/ame] <-----

bretta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been eyeing this case from Tuff-Luv since before I even got my ipad 2...lifetime guarantee!

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Tuff-Luv-Marrakesh-Multi-View-Stasis-Medina/dp/B004QI6YLQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1303788154&sr=8-3[/ame]

Most reactions

Latest posts