What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Can't Restore Or Upgrade - 1600 - 1604

locoburn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I've got a big problem : my iPad 2 Wifi can't restore or upgrade to any firmware except 4.x but it's getting a bit old now and I would like to upgrade to 6.1.3 but If I try , with 5.x or 6.x, in DFU mode, I get an error 1600 and if I try in recovery mode, I get 1604 and the iPad gets stuck on a black screen but we can still see light coming from the screen, even by doing a clean restore on iTunes by pressing the restore button...
I changed the host file lines, I started the TSS server, I saved my SHSH.
I've got the SHSH for 5.1.1 - 6.1 - 6.1.2 - 6.1.3 but i can only restore in 4.3.3 and 4.3.5 even if I don't have the SHSH for them :mad:. I can't use iReb as it's not working on iPad 2. :(
Please Help me, I really want to install some cool new apps only available in 5.x and 6.x :(.
Thank You...

Last edited:
OP
locoburn

locoburn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've followed all the instructions, I've disabled the anti-malware software and the firewall; I've downloaded the last signed firmware (6.1.3) but I still get the 1600 error :(.

batty505

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I've got a big problem : my iPad 2 Wifi can't restore or upgrade to any firmware except 4.x but it's getting a bit old now and I would like to upgrade to 6.1.3 but If I try , with 5.x or 6.x, in DFU mode, I get an error 1600 and if I try in recovery mode, I get 1604 and the iPad gets stuck on a black screen but we can still see light coming from the screen, even by doing a clean restore on iTunes by pressing the restore button...
I changed the host file lines, I started the TSS server, I saved my SHSH.
I've got the SHSH for 5.1.1 - 6.1 - 6.1.2 - 6.1.3 but i can only restore in 4.3.3 and 4.3.5 even if I don't have the SHSH for them :mad:. I can't use iReb as it's not working on iPad 2. :(
Please Help me, I really want to install some cool new apps only available in 5.x and 6.x :(.
Thank You...

Did you jailbreak and trying to retore?

OP
locoburn

locoburn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it is jailbroken and i tried restoring jailbroken and unjailbroken.

OP
locoburn

locoburn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well.. The problem isn't from the jailbreak, so...

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A 1600 error usually indicates an issue with the USB connection. Have you tried switching USB ports or cords? If you haven't already, ensure the iPad is plugged directly into your computer (don't use a USB dock or extension).

Once you've changed ports, try the steps outlined in the link The Archangel gave above. Good luck.

Marilyn

OP
locoburn

locoburn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry but i've tried everything and it's not restoring.
I think it's a motherboard problem...

batty505

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry but i've tried everything and it's not restoring.
I think it's a motherboard problem...

I don't think it's a motherboard problem, I think it's a jailbreak problem.
If you had problems before it was jail broken then yeah I'd suspect it was ipad.
If you got problems only after it was jail broken, well then...

OP
locoburn

locoburn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I remember I upgraded the iPad in 4.3.5 which isn't jailbreakable and it didn't want to restore to 6.1.3... :(

Most reactions