What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Cannot Download Apps

saintgr8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello!
I cannot download Apps from App Store straight to my iPad without having to use iTune on my computer. That means that every App downloaded stays "waiting" without being downloaded.
I have had this problem for over a month now and all the while I thought it was just a minor problem that would be rectified soon.
Now please help if you know what I can do to solve this issue. I have read several blogs and websites on this same issue but no one seems to know what's up.
Thanks in advanced.

Last edited:
OP
S

saintgr8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cannot say it's the App store having issue but rather that I cannot download nor update Apps in my iPad directly with the iPad. That means Every App that is downloaded stays "waiting" for ages until I use iTune store on my pc by sync.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
saintgr8 said:
I cannot say it's the App store having issue but rather that I cannot download nor update Apps in my iPad directly with the iPad. That means Every App that is downloaded stays "waiting" for ages until I use iTune store on my pc by sync.

Do you actively close your apps in the multi-task bar? A lot of open apps frozen in memory can reduce the performance of the iPad, manifesting in issues like this.

Double-click the home button opens the multi-task bar at the bottom. Hold the icon of the app you want to close until it wiggles. You will see a red x which you can then tap to close the apps. If you have not done this before, close everything. Once done, press the home button to close the multi-task bar. I would recommend a re-start of the iPad before re-trying an app update.

This may solve your problem, but at the very least it's a good step in troubleshooting the issue.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
saintgr8 said:
Hello!
I cannot download Apps from App Store straight to my iPad without having to use iTune on my computer. That means that every App downloaded stays "waiting" without being downloaded.
I have had this problem for over a month now and all the while I thought it was just a minor problem that would be rectified soon.
Now please help if you know what I can do to solve this issue. I have read several blogs and websites on this same issue but no one seems to know what's up.
Thanks in advanced.

Your problem while frustrating isn't that uncommon. The situation you are describing is usually related to iTunes.

1. Try signing out of the apple store by selecting the Apple ID bar located at bottom left any main page displayed in the Apple store. Check to see if waiting apps are downloading by checking their progress bar and the download active icon located in the top left of the iPad display. This icon is located next to your reception bars and is only visible when downloading. If no joy go to step 2.

2. If you have another iPad or other Apple device using the same iTunes account sign out of the Apple store on those devices, check your problem iPad and see if things are moving again. If still no joy go to step 3.

3. From the PC hosting the iTunes library of the problem iPad check for any pending updates to existing apps. Pending updates are created when you take an update on your iPad and haven't synced them back to iTunes on your PC yet. You can manually take these updates on the PC. So process any/all unapplied updates if found. When they have completed return to your iPad and check to see if things are moving. If not sign in and out of iTunes on the iPad and try again. If still no joy verify the account you are signed with on the iPad is the same account that authorized the installs of the apps causing you grief.

4. If still no joy you are are positioned to use iTunes on your PC to sync your apps (and music, pictures, and video) to your iPad. The sync will in essence eliminate the need for the stalled apps to be downloaded directly to the iPad.

In my case step 3 did it for me. I have multiple iPads using the same apple store credentials and I had the same exact issue you are describing.

Good luck

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
saintgr8 said:
Hello!
Thanks in advanced.

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

A lot of members have reported this problem lately and the solution was to have a look in your iTunes app and see if you have any downloads pending, podcasts etc. If you do, just swipe them to delete them and then your apps should then load.
Let us know if this was the problem.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

OP
S

saintgr8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have done all that I need to from everyone's comment including changing my Apple ID Account all to no avail.
Where do I go from here?
Help is require! Thank you

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
image-3795477155.jpg

image-442228877.jpg

Sorry its in german ;)

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do a reset on your iPad, it will not change anything and is just like rebooting a computer
Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start. Let us know if this makes a difference here.

Peledon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem since I did the upgrade. Is it a bug in the upgrade, if so when will this be resolved? Tried everything but still can't get it to update my applications. Resorting to deleting and reinstalling.

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How? Pls explain.

To find the Restrictions area, go to Settings -> General -> Restrictions (Off/on). Make sure it's off for the default setting. If it is on and you want to keep restrictions on your settings, make sure itunes, installing apps, and deleting apps is off.

What I do when my apps don't install, is because I forget to press the App. Once I do that I should see the swirl signal thing in the status bar up top. If it does not load still delete the app by holding any app down and delete it once it jiggles. Then go to Settings -> Store -> Click on Apple ID: -> Sign out, and sign back in so it can verify your account. Then open the App store and re download the chosen app. Hope that helps!

Most reactions

Latest posts