What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2: Camera Roll

SYS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All the photos you take using iPad 2 get collected in this folder called "Camera Roll." Is there a way to move these photos onto your PC hard disk or a way to share these on Facebook? Other than emailing each image?

ClemsonRyan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes you can do both. If you have the Facebook app all you so is hit the button next to where you type a status update. To get pictures on your PC you hook the iPad up to iTunes and set to sync photos.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
S

SYS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your response. I'll try the FB app, but iTune does sync all photos except the "Camera Roll." I may be missing something...

MadDragon1846

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you plug in your iPad, a folder should pop up, keep opening the folders inside that folder, and you'll get to the folder with all the photos in.

Just select all the photos and drag them onto your desktop to copy them. =)

if the folder doesn't pop up, just click on "my computer" and click on your iPad to explore it.

Sent from my iPod touch using iPF

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
All the other albums do sync to the PC, but it is a one way sync, strictly from the PC to the iPad. They don't even sync with iTunes, but to folders specified.

The camera roll, or on older iPads the Saved Pictures album are unique. iTunes does not sync it, though it does include the folder in the backup so that they can be restored.

You can use the email function in the Photo app to copy up to five photos at a time. Many other apps, such as the Facebook app, can access the photos to upload or use in other ways.

As MadDragon said, if you are on a PC the device should show up as a drive on your computer, just like a USB drive would. You'll find the pictures in the DCIM folder.

On a Mac, you can open iPhotos and the iPad's Saved Pictures will show up under the devices list.

Or you could use the iPhone Explorer program on your computer, Mac or PC. You'll find the files under Media in the DCIM folder. It is safe enough to copy files off the device this way, but I don't recommend adding or deleting files from the device unless you know exactly what you are doing.

iPhone Explorer
iPhone Explorer - A USB iPhone browser for Mac and PC

OP
S

SYS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great, thanks to both of you! I don't know why it escaped my mind to check as a drive...

Most reactions

Latest posts