What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 camera connectin kit problems

Reaction score
Hi, I've tried connecting my camera connection kit using a Memory Stick Pro Duo card and nothing happens when I connect it. I can't use the USB connector because I lost the cable that goes to my camera, what can I do to fix this issue with my ipad2?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I bought the camera kit w/ the SD card reader (which is the type of memory cards used by my Canon & Panasonic Lumix cameras) - transfers w/o a problem.

However, Sony uses its proprietary memory cards, so using either the cable directly to the camera or some type of card adapter may be needed like the one below - might want to 'google' some different card adapter options and/or check out Amazon - the solution may be to stick your Sony card into an SD adapter and then use that w/ the iPad camera kit - maybe others who have done this will chime in? :)

31emmQcN5eL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I've tried connecting my camera connection kit using a Memory Stick Pro Duo card and nothing happens when I connect it. I can't use the USB connector because I lost the cable that goes to my camera, what can I do to fix this issue with my ipad2?

Memory Stick Duo is a Sony product and no one but Sony included a direct port. So the alternative is an adapter the Memory Stick plugs into ... and the other end is USB. The File DCIM is the file the photos are stored in. The builti-in Photo app reads that file automatically and the only thing you have to do is accept "Download all".

You have to have the special cable that Sony provided for your camera inorder to directly plug into the USB adapter of the camera connection kit.

Check Sony, Amazon, or Ebay.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ohhh is that the problem? My memory card? I wonder why my Sony camera uses that stupid magic gate card!

Didn't you know Sony has always created their own interfaces. Also your camera is likely several years old ... maybe 4 to 5 years ... as all the current digital cameras now use a version of SDHC... high capacity style.

Most reactions

Latest posts