What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad 2 Browers

Umpire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there another browers that will work other than Safari or a way to delete pages visited? Clearing bookmarks, cache, etc does not work. Why in the world would you create a browser then keeps all sited visted? thanks :(

refrainer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there another browers that will work other than Safari or a way to delete pages visited? Clearing bookmarks, cache, etc does not work. Why in the world would you create a browser then keeps all sited visted? thanks :(

you can clear cache/cookies/history via settings under safari. it works for me, but i am currently using atomic browser coz of the tabs.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

As the previous poster commented, it's easy to clear Safari's history file - just tap on the bookmarks icon on the menu bar, navigate to History and there's a 'Clear History' tab at the top.

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
Umpire

Umpire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Safaru clearing

I've tried the clearing of those three areas, but when you go back to Safari there is a back button still highlighted and it will take you back to all the previous web pages. Every other browers I use (PC) clearing the cache and history will remove the previous web pages.

I'm I missing something? thanks

you can clear cache/cookies/history via settings under safari. it works for me, but i am currently using atomic browser coz of the tabs.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried the clearing of those three areas, but when you go back to Safari there is a back button still highlighted and it will take you back to all the previous web pages. Every other browers I use (PC) clearing the cache and history will remove the previous web pages.

I'm I missing something? thanks

Touch the multi-page button (the button that often has a number on it in the menu bar or, if it doesn't is an icon of overlapped pages). When Safari displays that page as a miniature, touch the cross in the upper left hand corner and the page and its history will be erased.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts