What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 - Book Format Error

Reaction score
I have Books in Pages that I have converted to EPub format using the export command. Loaded through iTunes the books are readable on iPad and iPhone 4, but on the iPad 2 I get a "Book Format Error" with a note saying to delete and reload.

No action that I have tried will remedy the problem, but the books still work on old iPad and iPhone platforms.

Pete

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Books in Pages that I have converted to EPub format using the export command. Loaded through iTunes the books are readable on iPad and iPhone 4, but on the iPad 2 I get a "Book Format Error" with a note saying to delete and reload.

No action that I have tried will remedy the problem, but the books still work on old iPad and iPhone platforms.

Pete

There was a recent update to iBooks issued in the App Store; do you have the same version of iBooks on your iPad2, iPad1 and iPhone4? The new update provided some additional features and functionality and I wondered if this might have been at the heart of the problem?

Tim

OP
P
Reaction score
Tim,

Thanks, but iBooks versions are all up to date at 1.3 (394) and both old and new iPad are connected to the same iTunes.

I have posted a bug with Apple.

Pete

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Interesting. Let us know if Apple has anything to say.

Out of curiosity, are you running the latest version of Pages on your Mac? I'm looking forward to seeing what they add in the next version, whenever that's going to be.

Most reactions

Latest posts