What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 Battery life - What do you get?

OP
C

Crush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok an update.. It seems that it was getting 3hrs when I had Bluetooth and location services on as well as all my news apps on notification.

SInce turning all those off, Im now getting about 5 hours or so which falls in line with brightness at 100% as the below benchmarks show below:

Battery Life And Recharge Time : Samsung Series 7 11.6" Slate: Breathing New Life Into Tablet PCs

The screen is already fairly dim on max brightness in a room with windows and I just like max brightness on all my tv's and devices so in reality the device gets a real world 3-5 hours depending on your apps and what you are doing with it.

People running around saying they get 10 hours battery life is a bit misleading. Consumers who like bright screens can expect half do that as the benchmarks point out..

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok an update.. It seems that it was getting 3hrs when I had Bluetooth and location services on as well as all my news apps on notification.

SInce turning all those off, Im now getting about 5 hours or so which falls in line with brightness at 100% as the below benchmarks show below:

Battery Life And Recharge Time : Samsung Series 7 11.6" Slate: Breathing New Life Into Tablet PCs

The screen is already fairly dim on max brightness in a room with windows and I just like max brightness on all my tv's and devices so in reality the device gets a real world 3-5 hours depending on your apps and what you are doing with it.

People running around saying they get 10 hours battery life is a bit misleading. Consumers who like bright screens can expect half do that as the benchmarks point out..

I think that it is hard for anybody to get accurate reports of battery life from other members when factors such as blue tooth, notifications, location service etc is not considered in the original post. There are too many variables with battery life for each member. Taking other people's subjective data is really that, subjective; and not based on objective measures that are consistent when performing a head-to-head comparison.

Glad to hear that you have found solutions to increasing your battery use.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Crush said:

Personally I would still get it checked out, did you notice that the second table showed use at maximum brightness paying back H264 of around 9hrs.

The Archangel

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ditto with most other posts. 10 to 12 hours total with a mix of gaming, surfing, whatever. Ours does get used for video streaming from Netflix and Hulu as well. I do the standard full charge down about once a month but otherwise charge it whenever it gets close to 30% or 40%. I've been extremely happy with battery life and battery life was a huge selling point for me. It's exceeded my expectations for sure! How do they do it? :D

magicalpig6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have an ipad 2 32gb with wifi. I use it often for watching videos. My battery last roughly 12-15 hours if its used for videos but if not it tends to last 14+ hours. right now i have used it for 14 and a half hours and there is 11% battery left.

fb si

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 3 week old iPad2 lasts 12-13 hours with mostly surfing and a little video use.

Most reactions