What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 and winterboard not getting along

Status
Not open for further replies.

david3urns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all new user here. Just recently jailbroke my ipad 2. Everything has been going well until i tried launching a few of my apps only to find they wont work since the jailbreak. So I tried uninstalling the different tweaks etc... I dld thru cydia. When i uninstalled winterboard my ipad freaked (attached images show before and after). Once i reinstall and respring everything is ok. So it seems that I'm stuck with winterboard for the time being. So my question is how do I remove it without the freak out? Or does anyone recognize the problem that could be causing the issue?

Attachments

• image-282033167.jpg
    image-282033167.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 471
  • image-593665690.jpg
    image-593665690.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 780
  • image-140658007.jpg
    image-140658007.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 405

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The odds are pretty good that it's a different tweak that you've got installed on the iPad that (1) isn't for the iPad or (2) is for your iOS version or (3) both. I doubt that it's Winterboard because it's a pretty stable tweak for both the iPad (all versions) and the iOS versions up to the most current one (5.1.1). I think you noticed the problem because these type of actions occur after a reboot - and Winterboard made the iPad reboot. That revealed the problem ... not caused it.

So, all I can suggest is to think about any tweaks you installed just before you started getting this behavior. Or, if you can't think of what it might be, may I ask you list what tweaks you have and maybe we can recognize one that might be causing the issue.

Marilyn

OP
D

david3urns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok from my installed screen:
Activator
Adblocker
Applist
Applocker
Appsync
Badge clear
Better chrome
Bigboss icon set
Browserchooser
Bug fix duplicate icons
Bug fix stuck pages
Bytafont
Chrome download manager
Chromeizer
Color keyboard hd
Cydia installer
Cydia translations
Erica utilities
Film online
Folderenhancer
Gameboy ad+
Gba.emu
Genesis ad +
giffy
Grooveshark
Ifile
Itransmission
Manual correct
Mobile substrate
N64ios
Nes ad+
Nojitter
Openssh
Password pilot
Protube
Psx4all
Rockyracoon 5.1.1. Tether
Sliderwidth
Snes ad +
snes9x
Springboard access
Substrate safe mode
Themepark
Winterboard

OP
D

david3urns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well i removed a few tweaks and winterboard doesn't freak on reboot but my apps still are not working. The apps (purchased thru the app store) are good notes and sketchbook pro.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, you might want to try removing the piracy enabling tweaks from your iPad. I can almost guarantee (99.99% sure) that will work to fix your iPad.

This forum doesn't help pirates. Not only is piracy, and any actions or discussion thereof, against this forum's rules - its illegal. So, don't be a pirate.

I'm truly sorry I just wasted my time helping a pirate. Well, no more. This thread is closed.

Marilyn

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts