What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 and iPnone 4 without facetime

tareq777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought an iPad2 and iPhone 4 from the UAE but they both came without FaceTime. Is there a way to install them?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I bought an iPad2 and iPhone 4 from the UAE but they both came without FaceTime. Is there a way to install them?

Unfortunately, no. Here is what I got from the Apple web site:

"iPad 2 from official distributor in the UAE does not have the facetime app, you can not do anything about it...it is blocked by the Model number...the model # of those offically from the UAE have AE on the last two letter of their model #... those from the US have LL on the last two letters...so the firmware will detect this model # and will not install the facetime app.

This is the same thing with the iPhone 4's that were officially sold here in the UAE, no facetime unless you jailbreak the iPhone4, and there still no jailbreak for ipad2 right now."

Marilyn

Last edited:

akammer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am originally from SA. Lived for a while in Aust
Mickey330 said:
Unfortunately, no. Here is what I got from the Apple web site:

"iPad 2 from official distributor in the UAE does not have the facetime app, you can not do anything about it...it is blocked by the Model number...the model # of those offically from the UAE have AE on the last two letter of their model #... those from the US have LL on the last two letters...so the firmware will detect this model # and will not install the facetime app.

This is the same thing with the iPhone 4's that were officially sold here in the UAE, no facetime unless you jailbreak the iPhone4, and there still no jailbreak for ipad2 right now."

Marilyn

Hi there, there is a solution to your problem. I had the same problem. You are bound by the local apple online store because of your credit card details. You can open a new apple id in the usa by following the instructions in this link: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2534

Now you can log into the us store and download free apps. To buy there you need a valid us credit card or..... A usa itunes voucher. These vouchers can be bought in many online stores over the internet. They send you the number electronically and you redeem the amount in the app store or itunes by scrolling down to the redeem button and putting in the code. Hope this helps!

Most reactions