What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2 and iOS 5 and iMessage

Fxgt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am also having the same issue w the new ios5 trying to use the imassage to send to my whife's iphone but it said error. I wonder why also. Anyone can assist?

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't had any problems. From my understanding, your apple id is the foundation. Your cloud email helps you identify with other apple users as well as use your cloud around the world. First make sure your iMessage is enabled in settings. Go to messages and enable. Then, there is a blank that says receive at: I put my cloud email here, and it works flawlessly. I believe if both parties have iMessage and it is enabled, your communication lines will automatically show in iMessage.

Disclaimer: phone numbers not belonging to iPhones will neither be able to send or receive messages via iMessages. If sent from an iPhone, they will revert to text. If sent from an iPod/iPad they will not send. They will error as unregistered number.

The iPhone doesn't have a separate widget for iMessages, your phone automatically sends the message to which system it belongs.

Just make sure you have the appropriate reception email in your settings.

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Points to remember on iMessage using IPhone 4 or above that the message and send button are Blue and the MMS is still Green.
The green messages goes against your text messaging plan however the IMessage ( Blue) does not.

NickyG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is enabled and my correct cloud address is in it. And it did work just one time. But it didn't work a dozen times before that or a dozen or so times after. I didn't change anything immediately before or after that one time it worked.

NickyG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the app Textie and have for a while to do this. Is there an advantage to using Messages over Textie?

NickyG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We're both using iOS5. I assume at this point that it's just a bug and that it'll be fixed with an update at some point. They can't release something so new and different without a few things popping up.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not wanting to state the obvious but are you both using a separate iTunes Id?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

NickyG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, his iPhone is through his work and is on a different account. Which is a PITA when we both have to pay for an app we like, but whatever. :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NickyG said:
Yes, his iPhone is through his work and is on a different account. Which is a PITA when we both have to pay for an app we like, but whatever. :)

Being on a different account shouldn't matter as long as you are both on iOS 5 and both have activated iCloud.

eDeNMM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using iMessage since upgrading to IOS 5 without issue until recently. I can no longer sending or replying messages. Whenever i type a reply, the send buttton stayed blurrred. Did everything i can think of from resetting iMessage, reset network, reset and hard resetthe iPad. However if i attach a photo to the message i am able to send it out.

I even did a factory restore and then re sync the ipad. It works for a while then the same issue happen again.

Anybody experiencing the same? Any way to work this out.

koraleek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finally got mine to work. Usually when the send is blurred it is because you are typing in the sibject line. Never works when you type in the subject line.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
BranFlizGames said:
you can only text people that have an iMessage account..:thumbsdown:

You can only text people via iMessage that have an iMessage account. For anyone else, the text is sent via SMS on our phone operators network. One app for both types of messaging and it is seamless. Thumbs up from me.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts