What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 + aluminum keyboard case = MacBook Air look-alike

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sashina said:
Yes, I bought it. At the same time as my IPad. However, I prefer to use this. I use IPad a lot in my armchair, and find using the attached keyboard a bit if a pain , As the elbows need to be stretched to enable typing. I have the latest smart covers.This is brilliant, enables a good slant for using the IPad keyboard..

How do you like the keyboard on it?

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Well it arrived this morning, and all i can say is WOW!!!! the big plus point is having the cursor keys......and they work perfectly! Its very light and when the 2 are closed together its a very robust bit of protection for the Ipad.
The Bluetooth connection and setup took less than 10 seconds and it opens up a whole different way of using the ipad, yes to some it takes away some of the portability that the ipad has, but its good points far outweigh its bad points, it feels strange at first, getting used to the keys, the keyboard is small but the key face is no smaller than that on a standard PC keyboard.......i can wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone who thinks a keyboard would benefit them.
And just one final thing, someone mentioned how secure would the ipad be when mounted, as sturdy as a laptop would be my answer.....emember both items are electrical equipment and should be treated as such, neither are as robust as a JCB, but both work well together and get a massive thumbs up from me!!

Go to the first page of this thread, get the website address and get one ordered, im sure you wont be upset!!

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
i forgot to mention, it turns your ipad on and off when you open and close it, also i tried typing with it on my knee, i would say that is a downside, asit needs to be on a level and stable grounding to be used at its best, but only to the point that a laptop would be the same!!

Nakcol24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's awesome! I'm glad it worked out for you:)

Sent from my iPad 2 64G 3G using iPF

tablet2cases

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nice feedback on the keyboard case!

makes me wonder if this is the direction where the industry will go - tablets with keyboards or notebooks with detachable screens

every time someone gets a keyboard case, someone gives a rant about buying a notebook. what about the convenience of getting 2 in one? once tablets will be fast enough, it may be the new reality...

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If anyone gets a chance, I'd appreciate hearing a critical review of the keyboard itself. How does it feel? Is it anything like the MacBook keyboard? At $50 for the whole case, I imagine something's got to give.

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Well after using it for a few weeks I thought I would just let you know that I am still really pleased with it, the battery life is great, it seems to last for ever!!
The keyboard is great, very functional and once you have got used to all the buttons there are some really useful ones!! I hope anyone who has bought one on my recommendation is really happy with the product. I know i am!!
Happy Ipadding

Most reactions