What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Air Speaker Problem

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an iPad Air 2.
When I play music on it, one of the speakers seems to be muffled or not working at all. I'm not sure which it is. Is this a hardware problem, or is it something that can be solved by cleaning out the speakers? And if it can be cleaned, how do you do that? Thanks for your time.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any debris or anything else in the headphone jack?
If anything is physically in the speakers that's causing the problem it can't be cleaned out by the user.
If the headphone jack is clear it may be a hardware problem. If so, a trip to an Apple Store may be in order.

Last edited:
OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Although I have to ask, why would cleaning the headphone jack help the problem with the speakers?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Although I have to ask, why would cleaning the headphone jack help the problem with the speakers?
The headphone jack contains a cutoff switch for the speakers. If the connection is partly open, you could have poor or no sound from one or both speakers. Sometimes debris in the headphone jack can jam this cutoff switch.

Last edited:

Agent1191

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The headphone jack contains a cutoff switch for the speakers. If the connection is partly open, you could have poor or no sound from one or both speakers. Sometimes Denis in the headphone jack can jam this cutoff switch.
To add to scifan57 post, you could try to get a headphone and plugging and unplugging it in fast a few times. It might jar the jack.

Most reactions

Latest posts