What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 addiction

AlxiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, as an iPad 2 owner myself and a self obsessed addict I just would like to know if there are any other junkies out there like me and how do you guys use your iPads?

I take my iPad 2 everywhere using it as a notebook, calendar, diary, movie watching device, iPod capabilities, quick google on my 3G, games etc etc

So how do you guys use your device daily?

Sent from my iPad 2

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Me too. I, and my wife, would class me as an ipad2 bum.

I don't use it for everything though. Games aren't really my bag.

I work from home, and my pc and mac are usually tied up with heavy processing. So my iPad is my eyes and ears to the outside world. It's constantly checking emails, browsing the web, writing letters, updating my scheduler/diary, etc etc. normal work things. It's also logged into Skype 24/7 with my clients. Tunein radio also keeps me company all day long.

Then, after work ours, it's down in the living room area with me, again, checking emails, Skype, browsing web, watching catchup tv etc etc. normal after work things. As I say, I have games, but rarely play them.

Then, at bed time, some final web browsing and some iBook reading. Just to top it off, before it awakes me again in the morning with my alarm.

So yes, I am kinda addicted at home with it. I never take it out (except to meetings) or take it on holidays. But at home, during a normal working (or weekend) day I'm never off it for whatever reason for more than maybe 20 mins or half hour.

Since I purchased it when it came out last year it's completely turned the running of my life around. No more paper Filofax or laptops for the first time in 20 years or so. All our films are streamed via hdmi, my wife shops on the web with it, our music collection and radio listening is iPad etc etc. All my correspondence is iPad produced and wirelessly printed, my business presentations and portfolio has that client wow factor because they see it via the iPad. It's a marvellous thing.

If I were a rich man I'd certainly upgrade to ipad3, but I'm not. So maybe ipad5 will do it for me next :)

I'm an artist by trade and part time guitarist, so don't even get me started how useful my iPad is for those 2 activities!

Last edited:

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AlxiPad said:
Hey guys, as an iPad 2 owner myself and a self obsessed addict I just would like to know if there are any other junkies out there like me and how do you guys use your iPads?

I take my iPad 2 everywhere using it as a notebook, calendar, diary, movie watching device, iPod capabilities, quick google on my 3G, games etc etc

So how do you guys use your device daily?

Sent from my iPad 2

That would be me as well... I can't bear to get on my 2004 Dell PC. But I will need to soon lol!!! *cringe*.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm so addicted that I added an iPad 2 to an iPad 1 just so that I'd always have one charged up. And a lot of times, I watch Netflix on one and surf on the other. If I broke or lost lost one, I'd be at the Apple store waiting for them to open, so I could replace it.

I do tons of stuff on iPad, but I don't play games. I also switched to Kindle Fire for book reading, because of its more hand-friendly size.

bulbasaur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use it mainly for work, and a little bit of internet. I dont know if I'ma ddicted to internet or the Ipad, lol

OP
AlxiPad

AlxiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
Me too. I, and my wife, would class me as an ipad2 bum.

I don't use it for everything though. Games aren't really my bag.

I work from home, and my pc and mac are usually tied up with heavy processing. So my iPad is my eyes and ears to the outside world. It's constantly checking emails, browsing the web, writing letters, updating my scheduler/diary, etc etc. normal work things. It's also logged into Skype 24/7 with my clients. Tunein radio also keeps me company all day long.

Then, after work ours, it's down in the living room area with me, again, checking emails, Skype, browsing web, watching catchup tv etc etc. normal after work things. As I say, I have games, but rarely play them.

Then, at bed time, some final web browsing and some iBook reading. Just to top it off, before it awakes me again in the morning with my alarm.

So yes, I am kinda addicted at home with it. I never take it out (except to meetings) or take it on holidays. But at home, during a normal working (or weekend) day I'm never off it for whatever reason for more than maybe 20 mins or half hour.

Since I purchased it when it came out last year it's completely turned the running of my life around. No more paper Filofax or laptops for the first time in 20 years or so. All our films are streamed via hdmi, my wife shops on the web with it, our music collection and radio listening is iPad etc etc. All my correspondence is iPad produced and wirelessly printed, my business presentations and portfolio has that client wow factor because they see it via the iPad. It's a marvellous thing.

If I were a rich man I'd certainly upgrade to ipad3, but I'm not. So maybe ipad5 will do it for me next :)

I'm an artist by trade and part time guitarist, so don't even get me started how useful my iPad is for those 2 activities!

Amazing post my friend. That is some serious iPad 2 usage and a serious addiction I think :)

Sent from my iPad 2

princessbing1968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My train of thought is I am going to be an iPad behind. :) No doubt all three iPads are awesome so you can't go wrong with any of them.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't bring it everywhere but I usually miss having it so that qualifies...sort of. It just comes in so handy in so many ways.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, even though I am on wifi most of the time at home - wifi is faster anyway. I can't bare to give up my 3G tethering in case I take my pad some place where there is no wifi connection.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

Daved2006

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Funny thread this, I take mine everywhere, I love it and whats very worrying is when Im not using it in the living room I still like to keep hold of it or have it very close by. Then wifey goes nuts trying to prize it from my fingers asking me to just let it go for a while.

Most reactions

Latest posts