What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 5.1.1 GSM in trouble

julliuz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there

I made this account hoping somebody on this forum will have an answer for me.

My ipad 2 (GSM) running on 5.1.1 (Jailbroken), was running fine for a couple of months now.
Sadly, my pc crashed and when I hooked up my ipad he needed to "activate" again.
This activation however did not work (because of the Jailbreak I think ?)

I tried to restore to the original 5.1.1 but that gave me errors. 21 / 3194 / (I fixed these) , then I tried to use tinyUmbrella and the ssh server , then I got error 1600.

There is NO way I can restore it to 5.1.1

Anyone got tips ? I tried almost every possible application on the market. It still just starts and asks for activation => apple activation not working, try again...

Thank you so much !

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have saved SHSH Blobs for 5.1.1 either in Cydia or on your PC via TinyUmbrella, then you can follow this tutorial and you will get a working copy of 5.1.1 back which you can then re-jailbreak - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...5-x-ipad2-ipad3-using-redsn0w-shsh-blobs.html

If you do not have blobs, then you are out of luck. You can only restore 6.0.1 on there in this scenario. Use our tutorial here to restore 6.0.1 - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

Note, there is no possible workaround unless you already have saved SHSH Blobs for 5.1.1. You can't get them from anywhere now if you don't already have them saved.

OP
J

julliuz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have a lot of knowledge about the shsh blobs, is that from before the jailbreak ? If so, I think i'm screwed. Which also means 6.0.1 can't be Jb'd right ?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
J

julliuz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well , screwed or not, i'm very happy I found this place.
Thank you so much for your help! I will surely bookmark that link!

Most reactions