What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 - 4 use Overseas

h1611161

iPF Noob
Reaction score
krissu said:
The title should settle it all :)
The problem was, it turned out that the foreign sim card owner (that we tested to the ipad) forgot that she has a sim card pin to it.
Once she punched in the pin, voila... it's ready to go!
So people, go get your ipad 2 3g GSM without any hestitation!!! :)

Best Regards!

Yes I can vouch for that too. I got a friend in Houston to buy Le iPad Classic in Texas, ship it to UAE where I picked it up by FedEx and then activated it with a local SIM, recently travelled to India, again bought a local 3G sim - and all of them worked out of the box. You have to be careful about ther APN Settings to be made in SETTINGS/CELLULAR DATA tab. The customer service in INDIA did that for me on a one minute phone call.. Even the Indian Government Cellular operator had Micro SIM on hand at the arrival lounge in their office.....cool... it's great to know that them all have had these things ready for the iPad......

Sent from my iPad using iPF

kirkman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
helpp plsss

hi i am from indonesia...
my brother also bought me an ipad 2 3g+wifi 64gb... but i cant find any sim card slot... as i found out from the settings, the carrier showed verizon ==".. can i just change the carrier in indonesia... i am so upset hahhaa i would highly appreciate ig you can help me......

h1611161

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kirkman said:
my brother also bought me an ipad 2 3g+wifi 64gb... but i cant find any sim card slot... as i found out from the settings, the carrier showed verizon ==".. can i just change the carrier in indonesia... i am so upset hahhaa i would highly appreciate ig you can help me......

It's a tiny window, there's a tool in your box push it in and a tiny drawer comes out...plug in your micro sim and lo and behold, you're ON.... At least that's how it works on my first generation iPad...

jejui

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Thanks for the info thewitt and krissu.
Kind regards

poncotop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kirkman said:

It's a tiny window, there's a tool in your box push it in and a tiny drawer comes out...plug in your micro sim and lo and behold, you're ON.... At least that's how it works on my first generation iPad...

yeah, it's a very tiny hole...
don't hesitate to push it...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:

vinvan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone ... I've been using iPad 2 for a week now :) it's a great device.
I bought it in Best Buy and activated it in Indonesia instead of in USA.
It works well and it is OK because iPad 2 is already unlocked.

Hope this experience will be a little help ....

henpit2kays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi How to sync our bb memo/note,contact to ipad?
I try backup bb to mac book using bb desktop, but always corrupt.
But went fine using microsoftoutlook.
Im using mac book so im stuck ,pls got any adv?
Thx

Trims[/QUOTE]

Deilei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there anyway to unlock a Verizon 3G ipad2? I live in Africa but bought a verizon iPad in error. We have CDMA carriers here. So if there is a way to unlock it, I can use it with one of the CDMA carriers here. Pleeeeeeeaaase help.........

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
My understanding is that a U.S.-purchased iPad has to be activated at least once on the U.S. micro-SIM card in the U.S., before you can use it with a non-U.S. micro-SIM card. So essentially, you need to buy one month of AT&T's data plan first, on your AT&T iPad, then switch to a non-U.S. micro-SIM card.

That sucks for visitors who bought iPads in the U.S. and then took them home without ever activating their iPads in the U.S. From what I've read, those people discovered on returning home that they couldn't get their iPads to connect to any 3G. The situation might have changed since I read about the problem, or Apple might have offered a work-around, or others might have figured out one. So maybe someone will come along with a better answer on the thread.

I Live outside the US and I wonder if buying an AT&T iPad 3G "used like new" that offers on Amazon or sites like this should solve the need to be activated first in the US.

Sorry if I sound a little naive, the thing is that I bought my first iPad Wifi only (1st gen.) in that condition and I couldn't tell if it was used at all.

This thread is old, so the information is outdated. Some buyers complained when iPad 1 first came out that they were having trouble activating after buying an iPad in the U.S. and taking it abroad, but many buyers have since said that they've been able to activate their U.S.-purchased iPads abroad without problem.

So I'd suggest buying whatever iPad suits your needs as far as GSM or CDMA.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Verizon iPads don't have a SIM slot.

Most reactions