What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 4.3.3 reboot after clicking app.. HELP!

miveclau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

My ipad 2 with 4.3.3 jailbreakme had a weird screen.. and reboot after i click any app including cydia. I notice the app spacing is wide and i don't see the battery status too. I did a restore but it still the same (note: the cydia app is still around).

Can anyone help me? please.....:(

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You've installed something on your iPad that is usually meant to be for the iPhone.

Think back on the last tweak(s) you installed before you noticed this problem. Then, either list them here so we can help you ID the culprit or try uninstalling them one-by-one to try to find the guilty party.

As a side note, a respring of the iPad will reset the icons to normal. It won't stop it acting hinky after a reboot, but it'll make things look "normal" while you try to figure out which tweak needs to go.

Let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

egodz51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
same thing is happening to me.

i'm unable to open any app without my ipad restarting; this includes getting into settings. i'm also unable to change orientation between landscape and portrait; it's stuck on portrait. no battery life either.

HELP!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have SBSettings, can you bring that up on the lockscreen without it respringing?
If so, go to "Power" and choose "Safe Mode". From there you should be able to launch Cydia and remove whatever incompatible iPhone app you installed....

asus78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anybody have a solution for this? I dont have access to anything, it crashes every time. No sbsettings or similar. Is there a way to boot in safe mode so i can get rid of the cydia app i installed?

Pls help, my ipad is 2 days old :(

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldn't go the total restore route yet. You will lose your JB for good.

Did you install OpenSSH? If so, you can get a command line by logging in from your PC and triggering safe mode that way...

Use something like putty to get a command line. Log in with root / alpine (or whatever you have changed your password to), then enter the command..

touch var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.saurik.mobilesubstrate.dat

and that should trigger safe mode if I remember correctly.

If you don't have OpenSSH or SBSettings installed, things are looking grim... What the heck did you have installed? ? ?

goo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i had the same thing but i could not find any advice earlier or help, sad to say, there is no solution as i had to restore to 4.3.5 and all is well, but JB gone.... cos some files are corrupted. Hmm hope the best to u guys.

Jimmywang950

iPF Noob
Reaction score
assuming you don't have shsh's saved and want to preserve your jailbreak

SSH into Var/library/mobilesubstrate/dynamiclibaries and make a backup of this folder, now delete the contents. Reboot. Find the culprit by reinstalling your Cydia apps (most likely tweaks) one by one, rebooting in between each reinstall. Find your culprit yet?. Look in the folder of the backup and delete the substrate and remove from Cydia.

If you don't have SSH, download ifunbox it is free. Plug your iPad in and navigate from there.

asus78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had to update to 4.3.5 which sucks big time. No jailbreak until ios 5 or i downgrade which i tried but when finally everything worked after a couple of hours (using umbrella etc.) error 1600 showed up which can only be solved with snowbreeze which only works on Windows. *argh*

Error 1600 doesnt allow you to install a customized ipsw. Redsnow didnt work either since it does not recognize the ipsw file although i have used the exact same files (tried more than one version) they told me to download. It is getting really annoying by now...

goo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
asus78, do u have 4.3.3 SHSH blobs saved? your own blobs, not other's? i donot think u have as its 2 days old, i think we are on the same boat. not possible to downgrade. i am hoping not to think of JB so that time passes quicker.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since your iPad2 is new there is no way to downgrade. You must stay on 4.3.5 without a JB now. Sorry.

I did try to warn you not to restore yet... :(

desaiguddu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Joining in the Crew

I am facing the same problem ..
Only option left seems to upgrade with 4.3.5 and i will lose tons of apps and JB settings...
I had near about 200 apps..!

Sad Day today..!

nina.tunes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I only made an account here to save the future users with the same problem.
First what happend, don´t intall "findmyphone" on an IPad ;-) it turns it into a IPhone with the problems descrebed.

What worked for me to solve the problem was following:

1. Take out your SIM card if 3g
2. Then you will be able to tap and use the apps but only for a few sec´s before IPad freezes
3. Use cydia to uninstall the app like descreebed anywhere here
4. U will have to be fast and use the home button to go back and forth deeper and deeper until you remove the faulty app.

Hope this will help anyone, take care

Most reactions