What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2, 4.3.2

leoman280

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey I am looking for an update to 5.0.1, to get it jailbroken! Please help!! :D.
I have already tryed to update it but I keep on getting an error...

smanga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, sorry for raising a question instead of an answer, I'm using iPad 2, so is it safe to jailbreak it, if yes where or hoe do I start

Sent from my iPad using iPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey I am looking for an update to 5.0.1, to get it jailbroken! Please help!! :D.
I have already tryed to update it but I keep on getting an error...

You can only update to 5.0.1 IF you have saved SHSH Blobs using TinyUmbrella or Cydia in the past. If you have these, then you can use the new version of redsn0w to update to 5.1.1 and then downgrade to 5.0.1 (which is jailbreakable). If you don't have them or have never tried until today, you are too late for 5.0.1.
Your only option is to install IOS 5.1.1 and wait for the new jailbreak, but you MUST save your blobs today, otherwise you may miss your opportunity again. Use this guide - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...01-how-save-your-shsh-blobs-tinyumbrella.html

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It means that you can't upgrade to, jail break or use iOS 5.0.1. Without the blobs for that version, there is no upgrading to it.

So, it appears as if you will have to hold on until a jail break is released for iOS 5.1.1. Sorry.

Marilyn

smanga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
It means that you can't upgrade to, jail break or use iOS 5.0.1. Without the blobs for that version, there is no upgrading to it.

So, it appears as if you will have to hold on until a jail break is released for iOS 5.1.1. Sorry.

Marilyn

How do I kno if a jail break has been released?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You keep an eye on the thread that f4780y linked to up there in post number 4 (I'd recommend you subscribe to it). The first post in that link gets updated very quickly when there is news. If you subscribe to it and elect to have an e-mail sent to you when a new post is made, you'll get any updates right away in your e-mail.

Else, you can just keep checking the forum. I promise you - when a jail break is released, the entire Apple/jail break part of the Internet will light up like a Christmas tree with everyone and their uncle posting about it. You really can't miss it...

Marilyn

smanga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey 330, sorry for bothering u with many qstns, is the anything like Microsoft office app or something in the app store, I'm struggling to edit my documents on my iPad. Please help

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
smanga said:
Mickey 330, sorry for bothering u with many qstns, is the anything like Microsoft office app or something in the app store, I'm struggling to edit my documents on my iPad. Please help

We have lots of threads on the subject of Office Apps if you search, and please don't keep hijacking others threads with different subjects. It's against our rules! Start a new thread for a new question on a new subject AFTER you have searched to see if there are any existing threads please! ;)

Try CloudOn and DocumentsToGo for starters.

Most reactions