What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 4.3.1 disabled by passcode. Data recovery

sputnick907

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I forgotten my passcode and not accessible to sync. My laptop hard drive crashed that I used to sync with. I have no backups. Is there a way to extract my data without losing everything? I read Gecko toolkit only supports a4/ipad 1.
Please let me know.
Thank you,
Scott

Message on device
"iPad is disabled
connect to iTunes"

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I forgotten my passcode and not accessible to sync. My laptop hard drive crashed that I used to sync with. I have no backups. Is there a way to extract my data without losing everything? I read Gecko toolkit only supports a4/ipad 1. Please let me know. Thank you, Scott Message on device "iPad is disabled connect to iTunes"
I'm afraid that unless you can remember the password, there's no way to save your data. Without the password, the only way to,access the iPad involves connecting it to iTunes and restoring it to factory settings, which means losing all data on the iPad. You'll have to replace the hard drive on your computer and authorize it as a new computer before syncing it with your iPad. You may also wish to consider upgrading your iPad to the newest iOS version. BTW, you should make sure to upgrade your computer to the latest version of iTunes before connecting and upgrading your iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts