What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 3G with iOS 5- Sent email Folder

Henrique

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I just got an iPad, but have an iPod touch 3rd gen for 2 years with iOS 5.
When I send a message, I can tell it's sent because the recipient gets it.
But it won't show on the sent messages, not even on the webmail.
Same thing happens on my iPod.

My email account is not a popular one, and is configured as imap.

Could someone please help me?

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Sorry, never tried to manually add a mail account accessing with imap.... did you try to update the folder when you are looking at your "sent" mails? Another thing might be that it is a setting not on your iDevices but on the Webmail - it may be that in order to save server space there is the option NOT to store sent emails...

Another way around would be to BCC yourself...

OP
Henrique

Henrique

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hpulmer said:
Sorry, never tried to manually add a mail account accessing with imap.... did you try to update the folder when you are looking at your "sent" mails? Another thing might be that it is a setting not on your iDevices but on the Webmail - it may be that in order to save server space there is the option NOT to store sent emails...

Another way around would be to BCC yourself...

Hi... Updating the folder doesn't change anything. If I send a message using the webmail, it goes to the sent items folder.
Ideais?

OP
Henrique

Henrique

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Didn't find any help there.
It also happens on my MacBook.

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Go to settings,mail,select your account,go to advanced,sent mailbox and check it says on my ipad sent and on the server sent.

OP
Henrique

Henrique

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Semel said:
Go to settings,mail,select your account,go to advanced,sent mailbox and check it says on my ipad sent and on the server sent.

That did work!!!! Thanks Very much!

Most reactions