What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 16GB Newbie Questions

musafir

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:confused:

1) Unable determine which version of users manual I need to download and print. Ser DMQHNAJ4DKPH

2) Use gmail, and able to send receive messages. However, get messages from contacts that show "sent from my iPad".
My messages to them do not display this. Not a big deal, but I am curious.

Just when I felt I was getting used to the Internet and email, received the iPad as a gift. It is like starting all over again.
Intimidating. Could be just my age.

Shall be grateful for help.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
:confused:

1) Unable determine which version of users manual I need to download and print. Ser DMQHNAJ4DKPH

2) Use gmail, and able to send receive messages. However, get messages from contacts that show "sent from my iPad".
My messages to them do not display this. Not a big deal, but I am curious.

Just when I felt I was getting used to the Internet and email, received the iPad as a gift. It is like starting all over again.
Intimidating. Could be just my age.

Shall be grateful for help.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Good to "see" you and hope you enjoy your visits. And, congrats on getting such a neat gift!

If I may be so bold - I'd recommend not printing the iPad users manual. I would think its much easier to either (1) view it from Safari or (2) download it (free) from the App Store and then view it in iBooks.

To view it from Safari, see this (Apple pre-loads a bookmark):

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346586249.982998.jpg

For iBooks, download the iBooks app if you haven't already and then press the Store button. Search for the book and, when you find it, download it. It will automatically open in iBooks for your reading pleasure.

As for which manual, I'm going to assume you have the newest iOS (5.1.1). So, you'll want the "iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1," which is most current.

For the "sent from my iPad," they probably have their signature on. To turn yours on (or to change it to read what you want), go to your Settings app (the gray cog) and select "Mail, Contacts, Calendars." Scroll down (on the right side) until you see the line 'Signature." Press in that space and then you can add a signature that will show when you e-mail.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts