What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2.0 and a few questions?

Cowboys!11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know when this will come out. Or atleast a estimate? I dont think you do because i couldnt find it on the computer.

Also could this replace a laptop i really bad shape? I mean all i use it for is the internet.

Nel727

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think there are some number of laptop users who will find that the 3G iPad will do everything they need. My mother-in-law has a MacBook and an aircard now. She basically plays games, reads email and surfs the internet. I am guessing that at some point she won't be bothering to fire up the MacBook

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad will do 90% of what most people have a laptop for. Power users will not be able to deal without a full keyboard or a full OS.

As for the next generation iPad, I would suspect that it will be out around next spring or summer. The big software update due next fall may be more significant than the actual hardware update. The hardware update will possibly be a little faster processor, some added memory and possibly a few surprises like a camera and additional ports. The third generation may be the signiicant one where they fully integrate 4G systems. Of course, anyone who says they know what Apple is going to do, is being a fool. That is part of being an Apple fan. Guessing what is next is as much fun as some get from the NCAA tourney.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think there are some number of laptop users who will find that the 3G iPad will do everything they need. My mother-in-law has a MacBook and an aircard now. She basically plays games, reads email and surfs the internet. I am guessing that at some point she won't be bothering to fire up the MacBook

that me right there when i was out on the road i was basically not really useing my laptop for more than a few games of chess or go or reading emails and sending emeails and the surfing the internet and maybe a movie here and there but was the basic fuction of my laptop ..so why lug around a heavy laptop with all items when you can get a small light unit that does the same basic fuction as the laptop unit ..

i waiting for the 3G ipad for a while ..i really have not found any major problems just useing the Wifi model ..

Last edited:

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know when this will come out. Or atleast a estimate? I dont think you do because i couldnt find it on the computer.

Do you talk about OS 4.0? Then the answer is fall 2010 - my guess is October.

If we talk about hardware 2.0, then I would expect the same development cycles as with the iPhone. And then we talk about January 2011.

OS 4.0 will fix (hopefully) most of the glitches and fall backs of the current OS version. Hardware 2.0 probably with camera, USB support and so on. We will see.

OP
C

Cowboys!11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oh yea i forgot to add i still can use my moms computer for a few things(microsoft) but thats all i need for school. Typeing on it isnt a problem. Ive used my dads. So i think it can.When the new version comes out could i turn in my old version and get a slight discount?

haha also i said new and old because im so confused.

Most reactions

Latest posts