What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1st Gen Error 3194

phazrik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried everything, tiny umbrella doesn't work, deleting the host code line for apple didn't work, and dfu mode doesn't work. Every time I try anything I still get that error. Running iOS 5.0.1 and I want to restore it to a clean slate.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you are trying to put iOS 5.0.1 back on the iPad - there's your issue. Unless you have saved blobs, the only iOS you can put on that iPad1 is iOS 5.1.1.

So, maybe try again with the "approved" (by Apple) iOS?

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Marilyn is absolutely right, and since 5.1.1 is easily jailbreakable and a more stable IOS for the iPad1 than the 5.0.x line, then you should be restoring that.

The trick isn't simply "trying everything", but doing everything that needs to be done in the right order. We have a great guide here, which if you follow exactly, you will end up with a clean 5.1.1 install on the iPad1 - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

You can then re-jailbreak it using redsn0w if you want.

Most reactions

Latest posts