What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad 1

Cullynana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you please tell me in simple terms how to update my iPad 1 os 4.3.5 to a higher iso. Or must I take it to an Expert? I know just enough about computers to be dangerous, my iPad 1 was given to me? Carlene Foster
Aka cullynana.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just plug it into your PC, and let iTunes update it for you. Do a backup first, just in case, and make sure you are running the latest version of iTunes.

It won't update to iOS 6. That version of iOS was denied to the iPad 1, but you'll be running a version that is compatible with your hardware, and was optimized for it.

Give us a shout if you need any help.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll just add to Kevin's great advice by saying that it is also a good idea to disable firewall/virus protection for the duration of the update also.
This is a very large update and will take some time and this is dependent on what you already have on your iPad. I'll include a video link also to guide you.
Good luck!
[video=vimeo;30421920]http://vimeo.com/30421920[/video]

Most reactions

Latest posts