What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 wont boot; low vram

Sean71596

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello
I made the stupid mistake of installing so many tweaks on my iPad 1 that it didn't have enough room to operate. I tried respringing; didn't do much, and when I went for the full reboot, it wouldn't boot up. After running some preliminary diagnostics, I found that there wasn't enough ram to boot. I need it running to trade in,don't care if I have to wipe the memory. It just stays on the apple logo, and doesn't show up in itunes. What can I do to fix this?

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The best thing to do is to put the iPad into DFU mode, hook it up to the computer, let iTunes "see" an iPad that needs restoring and then let it restore/upgrade to a fresh, stock iOS 5.1.1.

If that doesn't work, take a look at the steps outlined here: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

Hopefully, iTunes will see that iPad in DFU Mode. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts