What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 1 with android

nickyd1978

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi guys im wondering if any1 could help me i got a ipad 1 16gb and someone has tried to put android software on it and its not working proper i dont no what software it is or anythin.
does anyone no how to get it back to being a ipad with the ios on it
soon as u switch it on it loads up has an android system but when it gets to the home screen it cant do nothing eles as errors keep coming up.
so would really like some help with this or if i can just reflash a new android software on it.
many thanks
nicky.........

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How does one put android software onto an iPad...don't think that is possible. Maybe he did a jail break on the iPad?

OP
N

nickyd1978

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i dont no how they have done it to be honest with ya but nothin i do seems to work and i cant get any logo about apple on it or nothin like that it just loads up android soon as u switch it on so im not sure how its been done but would really like to get it back to a proper ipad do u no anyway that can be done.
thanks nicky....

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I've never heard of this either but I'm moved your thread to our Hacking section where you will get a better response.

Good luck!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To be honest, I've never heard of such a thing as getting Android to run on an iPad - so there's not much I can offer.

Except - have you tried to put the iPad into DFU mode and see if iTunes can restore an iOS to the iPad (iOS 6.0.1)? See this link for putting the iPad into DFU mode: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/27489-dfu-mode-dummies.html

Do this process with [the latest version of] iTunes closed. Then, open iTunes and, hopefully, it will recognize the iPad as in recovery and needing a restore.

that's about all I can think of. Maybe someone else will come along with another idea. Good luck.

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts