What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 1 wireless internet problems.

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently my iPad struggles to use the wireless Internet. It will load pages one minute and then hangs the next. Resulting in me putting it into flight mode or turning it on and off to temporarily fix it. It never used to do it and at the same time I can load the web fine on my iPhone.

Any ideas. I updated the firmware to the latest one to see if that would help but had no luck.

Cheers.

Andy

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of our moderators suggested this....
--------------

This has resolved many issues and worth a try.
- Sometimes after you perform a upgrade from say iOS 3. to iOS 4.2 *the iPad or iPhone wifi or 3G speeds *may be slow.*
- This is an easy fix which does work. Please do the following:
1. Go to Settings->General->Reset
2. Then select "Reset Network Settings" (this will not erase ur devices content, music, videos, email, etc. It will only erase any WiFi networks you have defined).
3. Once your device completes the action and gives you the normal home screen or Passcode screen, go ahead and power your device down and once you are sure the device is fully powered down wait an additional 60sec to allow internal components to fully discharge.
4. After the 60sec is up, power on your device again and re-add any encrypted WiFi networks you had defined.
5. Enjoy the "back to normal" WiFi and 3G speeds like you had prior to the OS upgrade.*

Col

col.bris, Brisbane Australia

Forum Rules. Please Read.
-----------------------

Tim

OP
A

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried the reset network settings a couple of times but it didn't work. I had not tried turning it off for a while after though so I'm currently trying that. Cheers

OP
A

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still having trouble with this and it's doing my head in now. It seems to struggle to load pages and then another time it will work. Sometimes I put it in airplane mode and them reconnect to the wifi but it says unable to join. And other times it joins fine but then after a while struggles to use the net :-(

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would say the same thing, firmware upgrade, if there isnt any I would say router might need to be replaced.

OP
A

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't see it being my router as it's been fine for months and nothing has changed. It's the virgin hub that they gave me. Worked fine with the iPad before and works fine now with my iPhone and laptop. iPad has the latest firmware as I just updated to try and solve the problem.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad worked fine for 3 months then did sane thing, i updated my routers firmware and havent had a problem for over 5 months now.

OP
A

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cheers for the replies. I had a tinker with the router setting and changed it from 300mbps to 56mbps and it seems ok now. Although I've just ordered the newer hub from virgin for 30mb broadband

Most reactions

Latest posts