What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 (v. 4.3.3) 3G connection ERROR

Amadeus45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been dealing with a strange problem with my iPad 1 for a few weeks. Instead of displaying a "3G" label at the top left corner of my screen, it now shows a "E" label. Since that time, the connection is VERY slow, like 56k slow. I've called my ISP and there is nothing wrong with the actual service.

My iPad is jailbroken and I have recently installed many Cydia apps that might cause this. My ISP recommended restoring my iPad however I wanna wait for iOS 5 untethered jailbreak for this.

Do you know any apps that might have caused this with some people ?

Many thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The E stands for Edge, which is a slower network protocol than 3G. When the iPad can't get a good 3G signal it usually fails to the slower, but more reliable, Edge signal.

Why you are no longer getting good 3G reception, or the iPad thinks you are not getting it, I don't know. This should not have a darn thing to do with your iSP. It's a carrier issue. If you talk to anyone you should be talking to them. They may be able to reset something on the phone that makes it take a fresh look at the local towers.

Before you try restoring it, make sure you've done a reset. Also, it might be worth Going into Settings > General > Reset, and Reset all Network settings. I don't know if this will do anything to the cellular network settings, but it won't hurt anything; other than making you log into your wi-fi networks again.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

Most reactions

Latest posts