What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 users!!!

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just posted in another thread how I got to test the iPad 2 today at BB. Did a thorough run of it-about 10 minutes. Long enough to test out my basic use of it as I don't do heavy gaming that would need the graphics processing power, etc. I was mostly interested to see about how much faster the browser was. While I detected it was a little faster, I thought it was going to absolute leaps and bounds faster the way people were talking, and I think the iPad 1 hold its ground just fine in speed for surfing. I just got home, tested it again on my 1 to see, and I can't readily discern a difference that I would have a screaming fit over that I would feel I need to sell my not even 4 month old iPad 1 over. I wasn't planning to upgrade anyway, but it was interesting to check it out. I still think the 2 is awesome, and for anyone wanting the graphics-go for it. But this visit today confirmed that those of us with our 1's are doing just fine!

Siouxzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zorah, thanks for your informative post. I was feeling a bit disgruntled that I had not waited and although I do use mine for gaming, it is really not that noticeable for the lag time. I mainly wanted the storage capacity for all the songs and photographs which I am happy to report... I definitely have with the iPad 1 (3G, wifi, 64GB).

dogenia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 2 cents after holding it in my hands and playing with it in the Apple store last week is that I am not convinced I need to upgrade nor do I feel like I missed out on anything after the 4.3 upgrade. Now more than ever I'm convinced I need to wait out till the next upgrade.

Aladyleyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zorah said:
I just posted in another thread how I got to test the iPad 2 today at BB. Did a thorough run of it-about 10 minutes. Long enough to test out my basic use of it as I don't do heavy gaming that would need the graphics processing power, etc. I was mostly interested to see about how much faster the browser was. While I detected it was a little faster, I thought it was going to absolute leaps and bounds faster the way people were talking, and I think the iPad 1 hold its ground just fine in speed for surfing. I just got home, tested it again on my 1 to see, and I can't readily discern a difference that I would have a screaming fit over that I would feel I need to sell my not even 4 month old iPad 1 over. I wasn't planning to upgrade anyway, but it was interesting to check it out. I still think the 2 is awesome, and for anyone wanting the graphics-go for it. But this visit today confirmed that those of us with our 1's are doing just fine!

Wow, thanks for that very informative post! I admit to being a bit annoyed at myself because I hadn't waited for the iPad 2, but one it seems that quite a few people confirm that I'm not missing out on much. I guess I'll wait until my current one spoils before getting another to replace it, either an iPad 2 or 3.

Then again, the iPad 2 hasn't even reached my country yet...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zorah said:

Wow, thanks for that very informative post! I admit to being a bit annoyed at myself because I hadn't waited for the iPad 2, but one it seems that quite a few people confirm that I'm not missing out on much. I guess I'll wait until my current one spoils before getting another to replace it, either an iPad 2 or 3.

No problem! I mean, the iPad 2 is definitely nice, and it is faster, but getting to see it up close helped me realize that for my day to day use that I'm not left deprived with my first generation. Yes-obviously if I had them side by side to compare, then I am sure I would see it, the 2 of course has a faster processor-but I honestly couldn't tell enough at least for me to care, and I am not exactly patient when it comes to things! For my practical use, I do not think I would notice too much difference.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Be prepared to live with your iPad for quite some time. I still have a first gen Nano and a first gen Shuffle that work perfectly.

I got ipad2 envy.
Gadget lust, that's what it is, at least that's what I keep trying to tell myself!

I have to wait until that MacTablet comes...

**Rae**

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm gonna sit the iPad 2 out and wait to see what 3 has to offer. I love the heck out of my iPad and don't have any remorse about not waiting for iPad2.

Ditto. This is the first time that I 100% can say I do not care about the newest version. I've had my iPad since September 8th - so almost 8 months and I'm still just as enthralled with it as I was on September 8th.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm happy with mine too. I played with the 2 the other day and well, its not all that (mostly because I don't care about the camera at all, I never use it on my laptop either). And, don't shoot me but I think its ugly. I was playing with a white model and it just looked cheap not sleek at all; and I love white gadgets, went out of my way to get my cell phone in white.

Aladyleyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Be prepared to live with your iPad for quite some time. I still have a first gen Nano and a first gen Shuffle that work perfectly.
Am very reassured to hear that! It's always nice to see nifty gadgets last a long time, because this means I don't have to keep replacing them when I spoil.

This seems to be the case with apple products most of the time. The MacBook I bought lasted me 7 years and, and my mother's had hers for roughly 8 years, and both are still in working condition!

lysolqn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What did we, iPad1 users, get from the release of iPad 2?
What did Apple do for those who made their iPad viable?
What do you think?

What do I think? I think the entitlement mindset is alive and well in iPad-land! The only thing you can reasonably expect to "get" is continued use and enjoyment of that iPad you once thought was the best thing since penicillin!

Last edited:

bachma0507

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nakedbabytoes said:
Yup! We have 3 iPod shuffles(one of which has been washed a few times), and a 2nd gen nano. Still going strong!

I still have the first gen iPod mini 4gb (silver) which launched back in Jan 2004. Still works great after not using it for a few years. I found it in a box when I recently moved and it had songs on it which I totally forgot I had.

Most reactions

Latest posts