What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 stopped showing up in iTunes

seema_kat27f

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used my iPad 1 with iTunes 10.1 on my PC for last one week. Today I upgraded my iTunes to the latest version. After which it stopped recognizing iPad. Every time I attached my iPad it launched Picasa 3 and showed 3 pictures that I had on iPad. Then I uninstalled Picasa and re-booted PC. This time when I launched iTunes I still don't see iPad. I ran Diagnostic tool in iTunes it. I got following result

Support Services
1. iPod Support Service is running …. OK
2. Itunes Helper is running … OK
3. Apple Mobile Device is running … OK
Ports.
4. USB Ports verified … OK
5. No firewire ports found … Ok
6. No iPhone, iPod, iPad found … [Help]

So only option 6 is red rest all five are green. Now how do I make iTunes to recognize my iPad again.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One quick suggestion - it probably won't help but it's straightforward and an easy first step to fixing many problems - is to completely power off the iPad by pressing and holding the Power button until the slider control appears and then accepting the offer to power down. Once the screen has gone completely blank, press and hold the Power switch again until the white Apple logo appears and then wait for the iPad to power up. See if the problem still persists.

Tim

OP
S

seema_kat27f

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update

I sorted out issue... I unsitalled all itunes and its allied apps and then installed older version of iTunes 10.2 it started working fine. Thanks

Most reactions