What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 1 should i upgrade to ios 5.0.1

lubu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im still on ios 4 i searched ios 5 on ipad and all i hear is slowness and unuseable should i stay on ios4 or upgrade to ios5

i donno what to do

lerx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just upgrade my iPad 1 to iOS 5.0.1 and i tell u it's great (other then the horrible music app). But i fresh restore my iPad and never restore from backup, so this might make a difference :)

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Its just fine. Anyone who says it's slow or what not either did it wrong or is trolling.

Sent from the Droid... The one you were looking for...

OP
L

lubu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hmm how many apps u got on it right now

OP
L

lubu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
and it runs fine no lag no slow app starting

OP
L

lubu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
did u do a full clean restore and restored with backup or just did a new clean install with no backup

OP
L

lubu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so u backup then updated then restored

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't update if I had it to do over on iPad 1. Safari and othe apps crash more often because of memory problems (as reflected in my iPad's diagnostics log). I also don't like the new Music app, and I don't use most of the iOS 5 / 5.0.1 features.

I see fewer memory crashes on my iPad 2, because it has twice as much memory, but Safari and other apps also crash with more frequency.

I did a backup and full restore with both iPads, as well as iPod touch 4 and iPhone 4, which I've since given to my husband, because I switched to 4S.

lerx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Weirdly my iPad 1 has not crash at all after upgrading to its 5.0.1

Sent from my awesome iPad 1 using iPF

lerx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And I strongly recommend to set up device as new when upgrading to iOS and not to restore from backup

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And I strongly recommend to set up device as new when upgrading to iOS and not to restore from backup

Maybe I'll experiment on my husband's iPad 1. He barely uses it, so it wouldn't matter if I wiped it out. I use his as my crash test dummy when I upgrade firmware -- do his first, to see whether anything blows up, lol.

Most reactions

Latest posts