What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 1 restore problems

landermash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have an ipad 1st gen it came with 4.3.4 on it with no blobs saved
is there anyway i can downgrade it to 4.3.3 without the blobs this is beating me because i have jailbroken all my iphones ect since 3.1.2 and with this ipad i restored to 4.3.3 with the aid of tiny umberella and it went fine itunes popped up saying device has be restored the normal thing but but the ipad never reboots and u have to boot it tetherd to get anywhere but itunes never gave any errors any help would be great

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, without those 4.3.3 blobs, you aren't going to get that version to run on that iPad. Ever.

Since you have an iPad1, you can use the tethered jail break for 4.3.4 and 4.3.5 as created by redsnow (specific details are in the tutorial section of this Hacking area).

Marilyn

OP
L

landermash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the reply it got it to boot by using just tether with redsnow im really confused by all this is there something im doing wrong

OP
L

landermash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im going to post an image now im on 4.3.3 tetherd

OP
L

landermash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IMG_0001.png

OP
L

landermash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4.3.5 i thought cydia might of backed up the blobs for 4.3.3 since in on the but tetherd
this is just weird if i dont use tether option in redsnow ipad will not boot at all

OP
L

landermash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i used a fw cooked with snowbreeze a couple of days ago

OP
L

landermash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i can restore to stock 4.3.3 then jb with redsnow but the device will still not boot unless i run the just boot tetherd option in redsnow

also when useing the stock 4.3.3 firmware i cant seem to save the blobs

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can't restore to 4.3.3 without blobs.
And the redsnow jailbreak for 4.3.3 is untethered.
You aren't making any sense.

OP
L

landermash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well i did i used tiny umbrella started tss server and then opened itunes shift restore opened stock 4.3.3 ipad rebooted white screen then apple logo with loading bar the bar went right to the end no errors then when it reached the end itunes said this ipad has been restored the factory please wait 10 seconds or something like that then the screen on ipad just stays black and will not boot unless i use just tether option in redsnow now do u see why im confused i no my way around iphones ipads ect i repair them and computers im not a noob this has fully stumped me

Most reactions

Latest posts