What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 owners, will you be getting the iPad 2?

Will you be upgrading?

• Totally, gotta have the new thing!

Votes: 43 33.1%
  • No thanks, I'll be getting my money's worth out of the original.

Votes: 87 66.9%

• Total voters

qnet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.network-creations.net
I'm getting one. I tried the Xoom. It's a nice device but, still not as smooth as the Ipad. I have the original Ipad but, it's only the 16GB version and I would like more.

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was just thinking as I hold my original iPad - will the new iPad actually feel any thinner than the current one? The way the iPad 1 is tapered, it makes it feel as if it's only 1/4" thick - the new iPad doesn't appear to be tapered at all, so I'm curious if it REALLY feels any thinner when holding it, compared to the iPad 1...

Not really a question - just a thought...

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my iPad, use it heavily every day. I knew it was a "first step" when I bought it, and knew the next version would have cameras, much faster graphics/processor, etc.

I will definitely upgrade on Friday. I already sold my 64gb 3G iPad to a company online. It will have cost me $270 to use the original iPad for almost a year as they paid $530 with free shipping. That's cheap rent for something that's been so useful.

Unfortunately, I can already see the first iPad's usefulness being phased out. The iPad 2 hasn't even been delivered yet and Apple has apps that only run on it. The iMovie app only runs on the ipad2 and iPhone, not the ipad1. The capabilities of faster processing, much faster graphics, more RAM, 2 cameras and a gyroscope will allow developers to make very cool apps that won't be compatible with iPad1. Planned obsolescence will be faster than usual I fear.

mbern1008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Ipad1. When the 2 comes out if it is the same prices I will consider getting the 2 and handing down the 1 to my wife. Next year when the 3 comes out my wife gets the 2 and one of the kids gets the 1.... etc

Didn't quite work out as planned. I got my Ipad 2. Wife got the one but now she is handing down the 1 to my daughter and got her own Ipad2 of her own

Most reactions

Latest posts