What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 jailbreak

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really? Wow ~ I recently JB so I was wondering what was the expected time for coming up with a JB for new devices.

When did the iPad 2 come out?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
1 month is not comparing like for like. It took about 6 months for the hardware exploit for the A4 chip to be released as a working exploit (linera1n). Pardon the pun, but it isn't comparing apples with apples.

It is almost irrelevant to compare what happened in the past with what will happen with the A5 / iPad2.
Either a new hardware OR iOS software exploit must be found to enable the jailbreak on iPad2. Looking at the past can give absolutely no indication of how long this will take because the exploits are by their nature, unknown.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I was just curious how long it took for a JB for the first ipad.:( That was it, honest!

Not at all Marie, It was a perfectly reasonable thread to start... I am actually quite comfortable. We are still well within what I consider to be a reasonable timeframe to be trying to discover, develop, and release a new jailbreak for a new device. I was just cautioning against any comparison of history with the current situation.

Unfortunately, as is demonstrated time and time again everywhere, people have unreasonable expectations about how and when a new jailbreak should be released. Nothing I say or do will ever change that. It's just the jailbreak circle of life!

The trick is not to let it get to you, which is where I frequently FAIL! :)

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
people have unreasonable expectations about how and when a new jailbreak should be released. Nothing I say or do will ever change that. It's just the jailbreak circle of life!

This is very true ~ it is like we don't exsist in the iPad 2 thread! They are all like little monsters just waiting and wanting!

Was it like that for the iPad 1, Leigh?

Most reactions