What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 1 help

VO3434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got an Ipad 1 that is already jailbroken and running 4.2.1 but I am having a lot of problems with it. I want to make it 5.0.1 and I have put the ipad into DFU mode....i-tunes is asking me to "Restore" device.....Do I do that??
what do I do ?

thanks

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't restore just yet, I'm going to move your post over to the hacking forums and give you some forum reading......hold tight there, it may be a wild ride......

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just got an Ipad 1 that is already jailbroken and running 4.2.1 but I am having a lot of problems with it. I want to make it 5.0.1 and I have put the ipad into DFU mode....i-tunes is asking me to "Restore" device.....Do I do that??
what do I do ?

Gabe's got it right in that you don't want to restore. In fact, a jail breaker should never really use iTunes to do any thing without first doing some prep work.

Since your iPad1 is already jail broken, you should have SHSH blobs saved for iOS 5.0.1. So, follow this tutorial for upgrading to and then jail breaking your iPad1 on iOS 5.0.1: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=69285

That tutorial includes steps for getting your SHSH blobs for iOS 5.0.1, so it's all in one step. However, if you find out that you DON'T have the blobs for that iOS, holler back and we'll go to option 2.

For now, good luck with this link and tutorial. Let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts