What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 gen internal mic pressure contact???

Luchura

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I was trying to put back the headphone/mic and the mic and rubber came loose, was it supposed to be solder it to the headphone circuit or was it just sitting on that circuit?. I don't see a way to solder it back, should I use a heat gun or something?. Use glue?. how you replace a new mic?.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a look at the iFixit teardown of the iPad1 and you'll be able to see how it is fixed. They do a comprehensive teardown with detailed pictures at each stage.

Tim

OP
L

Luchura

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a look at the iFixit teardown of the iPad1 and you'll be able to see how it is fixed. They do a comprehensive teardown with detailed pictures at each stage.

Tim

I have looked at it and step 25 does not even have a good picture. Did anyone fixed or put it back his mic? If so how did you do it.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think too many Members are as 'adventurous' as you are and most have not taken their iPads apart.

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I might take a chance on the iPad 1, since it's out of warrantee, but it's never broke (cross fingers). The iPad 2 and the glued on screen sounds like it would be extremely difficult to put back together right, eve if you didn't break the screen taking it apart.

All I can suggest to the OP is a dab of silicone; something that dries fairly hard. Let it fill in a bit against the case and any near components, but don't get wild. Test in on some similar plastic first, to make sure it will not damage the plastic, and that it will be hard enough to hold the jack firmly in place. That's what I would do based on my past electronics repair experience. Superglue is too un reliable and a bit to much of it would damage the jack beyond salvage.

Make sure all surfaces are clean. You might even rough them up slightly.

Most reactions

Latest posts