What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 flickering

Kiamsaco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my ipad screen flickers on and off fairly quickly. It seems to flicker faster as I am using it and calms down when not in use. I have changed the cable and the lcd as well as restored it. Is there anything else I can do? I'm pretty tech savvy but this one is stumping me!

OP
K

Kiamsaco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm assuming from the lack of replies that my ipad is FUBAR.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's possible that your backlight is failing. A trip to the Genius Bar at an Apple store would be able to confirm this. If your iPad requires repair, you have to decide whether the cost makes it worthwhile to repair. Repair costs can be up to several hundred dollars.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Agreed. Take it in to see what they say...but it might be time for something new. :)

broeddog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 2 has been doing this since it was updated with 6.0 operating system. Prior to this most recent update this was a non issue and I am the only user. There have been no drops,knocks,jolts nor deviation from normal handling. Does anybody know if this issue is related to the new software update or should I be looking in a different direction.

Most reactions