What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 exchange experiences

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my iPad 1 shortly after release (it will be a year in about 10 days, I believe). Anyway, it seems there is a pea-sized spot on my screen that is "brighter" than the rest of the screen. It's really only noticeable on white or grey backgrounds. You don't notice it right away, but after you do notice it, it drives you crazy, especially when reading "over" that area...

Other than that, everything is completely fine (not a scratch on the device). Any chance I could get the unit exchanged at the Apple store?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my iPad 1 shortly after release (it will be a year in about 10 days, I believe). Anyway, it seems there is a pea-sized spot on my screen that is "brighter" than the rest of the screen. It's really only noticeable on white or grey backgrounds. You don't notice it right away, but after you do notice it, it drives you crazy, especially when reading "over" that area...

Other than that, everything is completely fine (not a scratch on the device). Any chance I could get the unit exchanged at the Apple store?

Absolutely - they will exchange it without question. You might want to phone ahead, report a faulty screen, get a 'repair ticket' and wait until they have a replacement unit in stock.

Tim
Scotland

OP
J

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Sometimes I feel like I'm being a perfectionist and that most people wouldn't even notice it or if they did, wouldn't be bothered by it. Just wasn't sure how "strict" the Apple exchange policy was.

Reaction score
From my experience they check for user damage, like water damage, chunks missing from the casing, etc and nothing stands out they are VERY liberal in their exchange policy

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

OP
J

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FYI - I took my iPad 1 to the Apple Store ONE DAY before the 1-year warranty expired and within 5 minutes, they could "see" the issue and were preparing to give me a replacement refurbished (I guess - it looks new to me?) unit!

I was extremely impressed with the Apple "customer service" for such a small issue with only one day left on the warranty!

Question though - I see refurbished iPad have a 1 year warranty, but I was told I now have a new 90-day warranty. I guess they don't want to warrant people forever, eh?

runkel123123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey jtrosky//
lolzz... how could some one will give u another one year guarante,,, we the people never ever change.. wanna have everything done free

Last edited by a moderator:

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Probably due to the fact that the iPad1 is out of production and there won't be many refurbs left.

OP
J

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
runkel123123 said:
Hey jtrosky//
lolzz... how could some one will give u another one year guarante,,, we the people never ever change.. wanna have everything done free even a ipad repair..

I think you mis-understood my point/question. I was certainly not complaining that I only got a 90-day warranty with my refurb unit! I'm happy that they even exchanged it at all to be honest! I was just curious which warranty was correct (90-day or 1-year) for a refurb?

I guess the warranty length is different depending on how the owner came into possession of the reburb iPad (purchase or warranty-replacement).

Again, just to be clear - I couldn't be happier with Apple support, the iPad in general or the 90-day warranty on the refurb!!!

Thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts