What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 don't work well

yourguti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello guys!

Last month my girlfriend gave me hers old iPad 1 and I am having a lot of trouble...

1) The newsstand don't show any synced PDF. I know they are installed because I can found them with the iFile app. Also i can't install the iBook app.

2) Apps stops working. Sometimes they just close and I can open again. Sometimes the same thing happen but I have to reinstall the apps to make them work again.

3) I'm having trouble to find some Cydia sources for iOS. Can you recomend some?

4) There is some tweak to use to improve the speed of this brick? lol

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello guys!

Last month my girlfriend gave me hers old iPad 1 and I am having a lot of trouble...

1) The newsstand don't show any synced PDF. I know they are installed because I can found them with the iFile app. Also i can't install the iBook app.

2) Apps stops working. Sometimes they just close and I can open again. Sometimes the same thing happen but I have to reinstall the apps to make them work again.

3) I'm having trouble to find some Cydia sources for iOS. Can you recomend some?

4) There is some tweak to use to improve the speed of this brick? lol

Hi Yourguti - welcome to the forum! :) Sorry about the slow response, but the iPad 1 will be 8 years old next year and is basically considered an 'antique' at this point (see specs HERE). Please provide some additional information: 1) Assume the device is 'jailbroken' since you're asking about Cydia; 2) What is the storage (would be 16, 32, or 64 GB) and can you determine how much is 'free'; 3) What iOS is installed (that original iPad can go to 5.x only); and 4) Can you view the 'battery health' and cycles used (if you have a Mac computer, Coconut Battery is a macOS app that can be used?

Please respond to these questions and more specific advice and comments can be offered; also, keep in mind that the iPad 1 is considered by Apple as Obsolete, and is not worth much, e.g. if sold to Glyde (I've sold 2 iPads there - not the best price but easy), you would get $25 in your pocket. If indeed you like the iPad, then consider buying a much newer model. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 12.36.16 PM.png

Most reactions

Latest posts