What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 1 display mirroring.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried the plist hack to get display mirroring on iPad 1 but every time I try I have to restore because iPad won't boot. I am on 4.3.1. Anyone else tried this?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What are you using to edit the plist? It is easy to corrupt them if you are not using the right tools.

I haven't tried the hack myself, but the plist you have to edit is critical to IOS and therefore any mistakes have serious consequences, as you found out.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a veteran at editing the filesystem. I theme my iPad with my own pictures by replacing the default ones in springboard and application bundles. Restored so many times I don't think Einstein could keep count. I used ifile a couple of times, then winscp, and cyberduck. I know the permissions are correct I just wanted to know if anyone had tried this with any luck.

Ipad007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
since you are jailbroken, why not just get displayout from cydia? n bypass all that extra hassel of editing this or that.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad007 said:
since you are jailbroken, why not just get displayout from cydia? n bypass all that extra hassel of editing this or that.

I did, but, it does have some issues, like all things non-apple.

jbrown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
displayout works perfectly for me

sorry to hijack this thread but it seemed appropriate.

I'm trying to get my ipad 1 hooked up to an external monitor. However the software on the ipad is 4.3.1. - the guide i was following requires 3.2 or a couple versions lower so I could use the 'spirit' jailbreak.

Is there a way for me to get the app 'displayout' to work using 4.3.1 on the ipad?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You will need to jailbreak....check the stickies here in the hacking section of the forum.

Most reactions

Latest posts