iPad 1 case w/ built in screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by cduval04, Sep 23, 2011.

1. cduval04

cduval04 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can anyone reccommend an iPad 1 case (pref. folio style) w/ a built in screen protector? I hate the ones that you apply yourself they are never smooth and always have at least one bubble or wrinkle no matter how careful I apply it, which leads them to peel off way too soon. Its hard to tell online cuz a lot of the case vendors don't specifically state if there is a built in screen protector.

Thanks

2. tzimisce

tzimisce iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I've not seen any. The screen protectors I've seen are all standalone films which cover just the screen, and nothing else.

3. docprego

docprego iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I haven't seen a case with this feature built in. But there is the Moshi iVisor which is a screen protector that only adheres to the iPad screen around the borders making application relatively easy and guaranteed bubble free. I tried the AG (anti-glare) version and thought it reduced the screen quality too much, but it was the easiest to apply screen protector I have ever tried (and I've tried them all). I believe they sell a clear version as well which might be better depending on your personal preference.[h=1][/h]

4. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +443 / 0
    You can have a screen protector installed for you at electronics stores and accessory kiosks at malls. I've never used a protector, but I've had to wait around to make purchases when other customers were having them installed. The store and kiosk guys are good at it, and if looks screwed up after they're done, I sure wouldn't pay up, lol.

Best Buy used to install if you bought a protector, though I don't know whether they still do or whether they charge. At computer malls in Asia, I've seen people pay less than 2 bucks USD for installation.

5. KevinJS

KevinJS Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +865 / 0
    The Otterbox Defender appears to have what you want. I haven't used an iPad version, but I have the iPhone 4. The screen protector is part of the case and is non-adhesive, so no bubbles or installation problems. Just slide the iPad in, clip the back on, pull the rubber cover into position and clip the outer plastic on. it even reverses to cover the screen with a thick layer of opaque plastic. The best protection possible. Doesn't come cheap though. About $80, but paid for the first time you drop your iPad.

6. ShrekonDeck

ShrekonDeck iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would think that built in screen protectors would really affect the sensitivity. I know that would frustrate me.