1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Ipad 1 and Garageband

Discussion in 'iPad for Musicians' started by Fid, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Fid

Fid iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    Quite a while back I lost the chord names off of the smart guitars in GarageBand. I cannot find that there is a fix for this in the settings. I don't find anything about this on the web. The best thing would be for me to use it as a learning experience and figure them out, but I would like to have them displayed again. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using iPF - Peace
  2. RudyL90

RudyL90 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    You lost the chord names... I don't know what you mean. But you can change chords in the setting of the smart guitar, of that is what you mean?
  3. Fid

Fid iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    Thanks Rudy. I am also missing the letters representing the chords in the smart strings. You can see these letters in the picture examples in the Apple App Store for GarageBand. The picture of the smart strings shows a chord name at the top of each chord area on the neck. Before an update the chord letter names used to show up on GarageBand on my iPad. I don't know if they are showing up on other's iPads and it is unique to iPad 1.

4. RudyL90

RudyL90 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    They should show up. See picture below, I have disabled the second chord.
    Use the option "edit chords". If that is not the problem, I don't know what is.

Attached Files:

5. Fid

Fid iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    On my iPad I'm not getting the letters as in these pictures. On my iPhone the chord letters are there and helpful. Maybe I'll drag my wife's laptop to a place with good wifi and do a full restore on my iPad. It's a tricky endeavor, in that I have to connect to Apple and restore from backup. I'm on dialup at home and this sometimes times out.
    Thanks for the help.

Attached Files:

6. RudyL90

RudyL90 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Before restoring your iPad, maybe you should remove Garageband and reinstall it? But I guess you have already tried this.
  7. Fid

Fid iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    Thanks Rudy, but I already tried that. I backed up my songs to iTunes first. I also emailed some of them out previously.