What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1- 4.3 jailbreak .....how goes it?

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just wondering how this has been working before I upgrade to 4.3.

Good as the previous tethered ? Cydia,etc work? Should I do it if I've been happy with my 4.2.1 tethered jb?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dr.Gee said:
Just wondering how this has been working before I upgrade to 4.3.

Good as the previous tethered ? Cydia,etc work? Should I do it if I've been happy with my 4.2.1 tethered jb?

So far, everything works. Mobile substrate seems to be fairly stable. Only thing I have noticed is that ibluever, a Bluetooth tethering app, will crash springboard and you have to use ibooty to kick your iPad out of crashing.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd stay on untethered 4.2.1 if I were u. Not enough upgrades in new iOS to warrant an update, IMO. I completely satisfied with my 4.2.1. If anything, wait until 4.3.1 is released, which will be any day now ;-)

viettechlady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know if we can post other websites here but I believe you can jailbreak the ipad 1 using Sn0wbreeze 2.3b1 on iOS 4.3

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
viettechlady said:
I don't know if we can post other websites here but I believe you can jailbreak the ipad 1 using Sn0wbreeze 2.3b1 on iOS 4.3

You can. I did. An you can post websites but you have to have like 5 posts or something.

OP
Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd stay on untethered 4.2.1 if I were u. Not enough upgrades in new iOS to warrant an update, IMO. I completely satisfied with my 4.2.1. If anything, wait until 4.3.1 is released, which will be any day now ;-)

Theres an untethered 4.2.1 jb?

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yep that is the one I used, not upgrading to 4.3 till untethered comes out.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Yes. Check out GreenPois0n. They've got untethered that will allow you to JB using either a Mac or a Windows unit. It's what I used about. week ago (think they are up to RC6.1 or thereabouts.

The lastest download is here: GreenPois0n

Marilyn

lord anubis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. Check out GreenPois0n. They've got untethered that will allow you to JB using either a Mac or a Windows unit. It's what I used about. week ago (think they are up to RC6.1 or thereabouts.

Marilyn

Is it possible to go from tethered redsnow to untethered GreenPoisOn without reinstalling cydia and other apps?

Thank you

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lord anubis said:
Is it possible to go from tethered redsnow to untethered GreenPoisOn without reinstalling cydia and other apps?

Thank you

People have don't it successfully but I recommend restoring with iTunes and then doing greenpoison. Having two jailbreaks can often lead to issues.

Most reactions

Latest posts