What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 4.3.3 update

omarsafadi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i'm still hesitated about whether i update my iPad 1 running ios 3 to ios 4.3.3... i want multitasking, folders and gesture of course but then again i DONT want battery drainage what so ever! i had that with my old iPhone 3gs and currently with my iPhone 4 (weird)

i need maximum battery life and performance.. i don't want it to crash or suddenly die..

is an update recommended ?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know there were some initial issues with 4.3.3 concerning battery power, etc. but AFAIK everything was addressed. I haven't noticed any issues with our original iPad...still lasts for what seems like forever.

BTW, the latest software is v4.3.5

With all of the latest features I wouldn't hesitate to update. Can't wait for iOS 5 as well!

OP
O

omarsafadi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i know about 4.3.5 but i'm afraid that the ipad 1 processor won't be able to cop with the 4.3.3 firmware... that's y you get battery drainage and over heat of the battery..

so update?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 1 is fine with all current iOS updates.

The Archangel
Yes, as I mentioned our iPad 1 runs perfectly fine with the latest OS and there's been no impact to the battery life. If anything it's lasting longer thanks to a few changes Apple made to how it handles certain apps and activity. If you haven't noticed, one of Apple's competitive advantages with all of their portable devices is battery longevity. It's long been one their top priorities.

OP
O

omarsafadi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok then i'll update and if any battery drainage occurred i'll be posting of this thread to figure things out... BTW i heard that when updating one should always start as a new device in order not to cause such things.. is this right? i have no problem restoring since i just got the ipad and no important info are on it

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok then i'll update and if any battery drainage occurred i'll be posting of this thread to figure things out... BTW i heard that when updating one should always start as a new device in order not to cause such things.. is this right? i have no problem restoring since i just got the ipad and no important info are on it
I've always just let iTunes take care of my iPad's updates and have never had any issues.

That said I'm one of those folks that likes a "clean slate" when I upgrade my Macs so I always do a "scrape and pave" (wipe the drive and start fresh). Most experts don't think that's necessary but I like to get rid of all the cruft.

I guess I never thought of restoring my iPad prior to an update. I don't see any harm but in my own experience I don't think it's necessary.

Happy updating!

OP
O

omarsafadi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok guys... i downloaded the 4.3.3 firmware and tried updating it kept giving me error 3149 on itunes... then i tried tinyUmbrella to fix that error but another error 1600 came up and i ddnt find any solution for that.. i tried all sort of things from restarting my pc to rebooting the ipad.. this is so frustrating.
any help?

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wait..if your going to just update your iPad and not jailbreak, you need to go straight to 4.3.5. That's your only option if you haven't saved blobs, and if you don't know what that means..it's still your only option. There are no memory or speed issues with 4.3.5

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I heard that iOS 5 upgrade requires 4.3 or higher. You can not wait too long for Apple updates.

OP
O

omarsafadi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't want to update to 4.3.5... I downloaded the 4.3.3 firmware so that i update my ipad to this 1.. And yea i also want to jailbreake it.. Using redsnow it won't be a problem i already did it for a friends'.. So any solutions?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, and as mentioned earlier, unless you've saved SHSH blobs for iOS 4.3.3, you cannot put that version on your iPad. Apple stopped signing that version a long time ago and now the only version available is iOS 4.3.5.

That is your only option - upgrade to 4.3.5 (since you don't have blobs). However, since you have an iPad1, after your upgrade to 4.3.5, you can do a tethered jailbreak using the steps outlined here: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24377-jailbreaking-methods-ipad.html

Sorry, but once Apple stops signing a version - you have to go with what's available... And that's 4.3.5.

Marilyn

OP
O

omarsafadi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ummm and the 4.3.3 blobs cannot be gotten from anywhere? i don't want to tether JB my ipad it really sucks..should i wait till ios 5? i really need to update to ios 4.. ios 3 is nothing compared to..

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
omarsafadi said:
ummm and the 4.3.3 blobs cannot be gotten from anywhere? i don't want to tether JB my ipad it really sucks..should i wait till ios 5? i really need to update to ios 4.. ios 3 is nothing compared to..

Nope, you either have them or you don't and if you haven't been at 4.3.3 before then you can't possibly have them.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts